+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience and education

Hassan Faruq

Jul 15, 2017
Hello All,
My wife has done her Bachelor in Finance and Mba in finance. However her work experience is in pre-School teaching. She will be the primary applicant. The fact that her experience is in early school teaching compared to her studies will be an issue ? Will her experience be counted ?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello All,
My wife has done her Bachelor in Finance and Mba in finance. However her work experience is in pre-School teaching. She will be the primary applicant. The fact that her experience is in early school teaching compared to her studies will be an issue ? Will her experience be counted ?
No issue. Express Entry has no such requirement where your work ex and education has to be related unless it is a licensed profession.

Reactions: Hassan Faruq

deborah77

May 5, 2018
No issue. Express Entry has no such requirement where your work ex and education has to be related unless it is a licensed profession.
So basically if I have an MD diploma, but worked as a researcher (bioinformatics, NOC 2121, no medical practice involved), my work experience does not count?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hassan Faruq

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
So basically if I have an MD diploma, but worked as a researcher (bioinformatics, NOC 2121, no medical practice involved), my work experience does not count?
It will be counted if the NOC of researcher, 2121does not mention a prior education or diploma in the field as a requirement.

deborah77

May 5, 2018
It will be counted if the NOC of researcher, 2121does not mention a prior education or diploma in the field as a requirement.
Thank you for replying!

NOC 2121 description (as seen at http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2121) mentions a degree in biology or in a related discipline is required for employment. Could I trouble you to further clarify this for me, please?.. I'm still not sure if this work experience is compatible with my physician's diploma with respect to EE application.

-- Debb.