+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expecting new born in June 2011

Rahill

Jun 1, 2010
Hi,
Our case is in final stage and in Dec 2010 we did our medical. We are expecting a new born in June 2011. We told it our designated doctor about this. Kindly tell us what we do? Also tell after getting visa how long you stay in your home country or how much time they give us to fly. Thanx

Rahill

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
hi,
you should tell to cic about it as they will require you to do enter the baby in your application and complete his/her medical. and fees also.
This is what we did.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, tell your visa office about the pregnancy. It doesn't look like you will get the PR visa while your wife can still fly so it is better to ask them to delay the visa until the baby is born so they can add it.

Rahill

Jun 1, 2010
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. my brother application is under process in chc London and they did their medical in December and after that there is no response from them. Please tell us how much time they are taken for passport request. We send passport to London or to Canadian high commission Islamabad and how much time they are taken to return these passports. After getting visa on passports how much time they give to fly. Thank you

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
we did our medicals in july , got passport request in january and got our passport back in 2 weeks from buffalo(dont know about CIC london or islamabad)

Rahill

Jun 1, 2010
Hi,

Thank you very much. Can you tell me after receiving visa on your passport how long you stay to your home country?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rahill, if you are expecting a baby in June, it is now April so your wife is 7 months pregnant. She will soon not be able to fly. Have you checked the rules of the airlines where you live?

If you are not able to fly before the baby is born, your visas will become invalid because your family composition has changed. If you believe that you and your wife can land on the PR visa you got before the baby was born and bring the baby with you on a visit visa or leave it with relatives to sponsor later, this is a very dangerous mistake. Landing on a PR visa that was issued before the baby was born, after the baby is born is considered misrepresentation by immigration and is a serious thing.
If you do this, you will never be able to sponsor the baby in the future and your own PR may get revoked.

The only way to handle this situation is to advise the visa office about the pregnancy and ask them to wait with the issue of the visa until after the baby is born so the baby can be added to the application.

The PR visa when you get it will be valid a year since your medicals so if you had your medicals in Dec. 2010, your visa should be valid until Dec. 2011. If it drags on too long, they will ask you to repeat your medicals.

CRAZY25

Feb 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi i had my medical last march and now found out that im 6 weeks pregnant...my husband is the principal applicant hes working in canada for 3 years and take his vacation last january we recieve the medical request here in manila i am expecting to give birth on december.i dont know what will happen to our application....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing will happen to your application. It will continue to get processed. If you get the visa early enough to land before the baby is born, you can do that. If you see that you will not get it early enough for that, you must tell immigration about the pregnancy and add the baby to the application so the baby will get a PR visa too.

If you want to know more about the processing times you can expect, you can tell us what immigration class your husband is applying under as well as when he applied.

If you want to have the baby in Canada, be aware that not all provinces cover new immigrants from day one so if your husband is in Ontario, BC or NB, unless you are there 3 months before the birth, you will have to pay for it yourselves.

CRAZY25

Feb 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my husband is in saskatchewan and under provincial nominee program,he get his certificate last june.and had our medical last march..

CRAZY25

Feb 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
our immigration office is in buffalo thanks.....i really appreciate it!!!