+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

expecting child, COPR received - urgent

rsharda

Oct 14, 2015
Hi
I am in similar situation. , please guide.
Received request letter to submit passport to vfs for stamping.
Our medical is getting expired in Feb 2018 and baby is due in March 2018.

Want to travel with baby as doctor don't recommend long travel due to complications.

Please suggest should I submit passport for stamping? Since the visa will expire in Feb 2018, will my application with remain valid?

Thanks
Jyotsna

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I am in similar situation. , please guide.
Received request letter to submit passport to vfs for stamping.
Our medical is getting expired in Feb 2018 and baby is due in March 2018.

Want to travel with baby as doctor don't recommend long travel due to complications.

Please suggest should I submit passport for stamping? Since the visa will expire in Feb 2018, will my application with remain valid?

Thanks
Jyotsna
Unfortunately you won't be able to extend your landing past the day your when your medical expires in Feb 2018 so you have to land before that. You have 2 options: you could either land and return to your home country to have your baby and then you would have to go through the sponsoring process for your newborn or you move to Canada and have your baby but depending on what province you land in you will not be entitled to medical care for up to 3 months.

Have you decided where you plan to move in Canada?

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
Guys, I am in a fix right now and would like to have your guidance on my case. My wife is expecting and due date is around Apr-May 18. we hope to be getting ITA in next draw (may be next week), Is there a possibility for me to accept ITA and then extend somehow till the birth of the baby so that we can include him/her in our application (so that we can avoid sponsorship hassles). Also, I am afraid that if we don't accept the ITA soon, the cutoffs may rise and we may risk our application.

Pls advise!

rsharda

Oct 14, 2015
Unfortunately you won't be able to extend your landing past the day your when your medical expires in Feb 2018 so you have to land before that. You have 2 options: you could either land and return to your home country to have your baby and then you would have to go through the sponsoring process for your newborn or you move to Canada and have your baby but depending on what province you land in you will not be entitled to medical care for up to 3 months.

Have you decided where you plan to move in Canada?
Hi Canucks,

Thanks for your response.
I rechecked my medical receipts it has validity till 31st March 2018.
Due date of delivery is 13 March 2018. Want to have baby delivered in home country as I do not want to take any risk.

Can there be a possibility to redo medical for whole family and get copr reissued as per new medical validity?

This was it will give me sometime to prepare documentation for new born and get things settled before landing.

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Canucks,

Due date of delivery is 13 March 2018. Want to have baby delivered in home country as I do not want to take any risk.

Can there be a possibility to redo medical for whole family and get copr reissued as per new medical validity?

This was it will give me sometime to prepare documentation for new born and get things settled before landing.

Thanks
Buy your ticket to Canada in the next few days and settle in provinces such as Alberta which give you immediate health coverage, stay there up to the baby born in March 2018. The baby will Canadian citizen and you don't need to sponsor it for immigration.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Canucks,

Thanks
Unfortunately can't do that. What province do you plan to move to?

Sprule

Jun 21, 2017
Hi all.

I was in a similar situation. Copr issued and couldn't travel.

Best option is if you can travel and deliver in Canada. If the baby is born before 3 months, you bear all the expenses. After that, it is free. However, remember that you would still have to pay for the routine checkups and scans that are done within the time frame. You can have an insurance, but that would be pricey too.

Second option (which I took ) is to inform the high commission about the pregnancy. keep your documents ready for all procedures as soon as the baby is born, and apply for a passport. (I applied for an express speed passport for my daughter). Then inform the high commission immediately. I soon received a mail requesting more documents, which I promptly sent (this included updated forms, baby's fee, baby's birth certificate, passport copy and updated proof of funds). Once done, I have now received medical request for me, my daughter and spouse again, which we will be undergoing. Also our previous copr and visa have been rendered invalid and we would be issued fresh ones. I also received a mail requesting the copr and passport for cancellation of previous documents and issuance of new ones.

I thought my experience may be of help to anyone in deciding their course of action.

So whatever you decide, wish you all the best!
Hey buddy,

My COPR is valid till 1st August & my wife expecting baby around 1st June. So when we should inform VO about the change in status. Secondly will the COPR will still valid till 1st August or they may extend it further?
Thirdly, do my wife also have to go with Medical & present all education, professional document during PR?

Also please provide ur timelines to understand it better if possible.

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey buddy,

My COPR is valid till 1st August & my wife expecting baby around 1st June. So when we should inform VO about the change in status. Secondly will the COPR will still valid till 1st August or they may extend it further?
Thirdly, do my wife also have to go with Medical & present all education, professional document during PR?

Also please provide ur timelines to understand

Did you not include your wife in your EE application?

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hi

Extensions are not granted. Provided the baby is born before your COPRs expire, you can return your documents and add him/her to the app.
Can you pls confirm the process of getting the baby added to our application/CoPR after it is born? Due date in our case is May 1st week, so should we inform CIC the same now or should wait till birth? Also which email address should we mail to in High commission for the same?

Sprule

Jun 21, 2017
Can you pls confirm the process of getting the baby added to our application/CoPR after it is born? Due date in our case is May 1st week, so should we inform CIC the same now or should wait till birth? Also which email address should we mail to in High commission for the same?

Hey I am in the same boat, date of contention May 1st week, till what time ur copr is valid?

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hey I am in the same boat, date of contention May 1st week, till what time ur copr is valid?
Yet to accept ITA and file the application. Delayed it intentionally in order to have maximum time available post delivery for landing. Would submit docs by 10th of Jan