+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exiting Canada..

farata

May 22, 2015
Hi.. my family consists of 4 ppl.. myself, my wife and 2 sons. We just got our landing papers and plan on landing in Toronto in July.

We don't plan on staying long in the first visit.

The question I have is: Can we travel to US from Toronto, and return to our country from US? Or do we have to leave from Canada after entering?

I've come to know that Canadians don't stamp the passports on exit. Hence, to me, it shouldn't make any difference if we return from US or USA.

Any guidance is welcome.. Farhan

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
farata said:
Hi.. my family consists of 4 ppl.. myself, my wife and 2 sons. We just got our landing papers and plan on landing in Toronto in July.

The question I have is: Can we travel to US from Toronto, and return to our country from US? Or do we have to leave from Canada after entering?

I've come to know that Canadians don't stamp the passports on exit. Hence, to me, it shouldn't make any difference if we return from US or USA.

It doesn't make a difference where you exit from. you are free to come and go as you please after you have landed.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
farata said:

Make sure you get US visa if your passport is not from a visa-exempt country. Also, as I cam to know that now there in info sharing between the border agencies of Canada and US about the people traffic between them. This will be retrieved when calculating the actual period stayed in Canada.

farata

May 22, 2015
Thanks all.. that's what I had thought too but someone confused me with the opposite advice.

We do have a current US Visit Visa.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
farata said:
Thanks all.. that's what I had thought too but someone confused me with the opposite advice.

We do have a current US Visit Visa.
Then no worries. But remember that the US Department of Customs & Immigration are placed inside major Canadian airports, so allow for extra time before boarding; and secondary inspection of you come from a non-white country. And then you cross the US customs, Canadian security would be waiting for you. If the US Customs had picked you up for secondary and interview, the Canadian airport security will also select you for a "random" inspection. All this is a fairly straightforward process, just allow for extra time. If going by road, things are easier.

Riks

Dec 2, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I need to complete landing in next month, though I have to come back in 3-4 days because of current employment. I will put address of a friend in Canada to collect my PR Card. Is it permitted? I will re-enter either by getting PR card from him in some secured way or will apply for a travel document and collect it from him in Canada itself.

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
Riks said:
Hi Everyone,

I need to complete landing in next month, though I have to come back in 3-4 days because of current employment. I will put address of a friend in Canada to collect my PR Card. Is it permitted? I will re-enter either by getting PR card from him in some secured way or will apply for a travel document and collect it from him in Canada itself.
Yes it is permitted to provide your friend's Canadian address for the delivery of your pr card. Once the pr card is received, your friend can courier it to you at your international address by using reputed courier such as DHL, UPS or FEDEX.

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
submitted with the application
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014 (plus RPRF & Update Information Chart, PPR1)
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
DM: 11-11-2014
Passport Req..
PPR2 15-11-2014 SUBMITTED: 20-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
I think sending PR by courier / post is not legal and carry chance of loosing. Better is if someone may carry by hand while