Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Hi All,

This question is for one of my friend.

She is working in canada for past 1.5 years under closed work permit. She landed on Oct 2020.

During June 2021, Her parent company changed her project and work location. She did applied for new work permit due to changes. IRCC approved the application on Aug 2021 and issued work permit valid till May 2022 based on her passport expiry date.

Later she got her new passport and she applied for her work permit extension for the same client and location on Jan 2022. That application is in progress and review is not started yet.

But surprisingly, her previous work permit application (which is approved last year) status is showing as cancelled now. There are no details or additional letter from IRCC for that status change in gckey.

Is it mean any of the below:
1. She no longer need the current work permit and IRCC will be approving new work permit extension sooner.
2. IRCC found some issue with her approved work permit now and cancelled her issued permit. If that's the case, Can we reapply or should leave canada immediately?

We mailed IRCC on this regard. But, We are worried and confused till we get response. Please help us with your answers.

Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

This question is for one of my friend.

She is working in canada for past 1.5 years under closed work permit. She landed on Oct 2020.

During June 2021, Her parent company changed her project and work location. She did applied for new work permit due to changes. IRCC approved the application on Aug 2021 and issued work permit valid till May 2022 based on her passport expiry date.

Later she got her new passport and she applied for her work permit extension for the same client and location on Jan 2022. That application is in progress and review is not started yet.

But surprisingly, her previous work permit application (which is approved last year) status is showing as cancelled now. There are no details or additional letter from IRCC for that status change in gckey.

Is it mean any of the below:
1. She no longer need the current work permit and IRCC will be approving new work permit extension sooner.
2. IRCC found some issue with her approved work permit now and cancelled her issued permit. If that's the case, Can we reapply or should leave canada immediately?

We mailed IRCC on this regard. But, We are worried and confused till we get response. Please help us with your answers.

Thanks in advance.
Your friend needs to contact IRCC via webform or phone to check the status of her WP. Phone will be much faster but it is hard to reach IRCC so would send a webform but also try to contact by phone. I’ve heard that calling at 8am is the best time to get through.

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Your friend needs to contact IRCC via webform or phone to check the status of her WP. Phone will be much faster but it is hard to reach IRCC so would send a webform but also try to contact by phone. I’ve heard that calling at 8am is the best time to get through.
Thanks @canuck78 . I will ask her to reach IRCC through phone ASAP.