+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exemptions for IELTS ???

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi,

I did IELTS (Academic) recently and got Speaking = 7.5, Reading = 6.5, Listening = 6.5 and Writing = 5.5 :(
But I have completed a UK PG diploma in IT and with my age (28) it is impossible for me to apply for a Diploma program in Canada.

So can't I get admission for a college in Ontario (Central), with this IELTS results?
One local Canada agent said that it is possible for me to apply for a college call Conestoga in Canada with this IELTS results, but it is 100 km away from Toronto (I have friends in Toronto).

Guys, please help...

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Re: Exemptions for IELTS

Ashan Perera said:
Hi,

I did IELTS (Academic) recently and got Speaking = 7.5, Reading = 6.5, Listening = 6.5 and Writing = 5.5 :(
But I have completed a UK PG diploma in IT and with my age (28) it is impossible for me to apply for a Diploma program in Canada.

So can't I get admission for a college in Ontario (Central), with this IELTS results?
One local Canada agent said that it is possible for me to apply for a college call Conestoga in Canada with this IELTS results, but it is 100 km away from Toronto (I have friends in Toronto).

Guys, please help...
You may get admission with that IELTS score in some colleges but there's one thing which may work against you for visa approval,
- Justifying a diploma after PG diploma.

It's not difficult to improve your score. Go for it again and apply for a course higher than and related to your previous course.

Good Luck

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Re: Exemptions for IELTS

Gymguy said:
You may get admission with that IELTS score in some colleges but there's one thing which may work against you for visa approval,
- Justifying a diploma after PG diploma.

It's not difficult to improve your score. Go for it again and apply for a course higher than and related to your previous course.

Good Luck
Thanks for your reply :)
Yes I am planning to enroll with a Graduate Certificate program, but I don't think my IELTS scores are enough for that :(
I can apply for colleges but if they rejected my application then everything is in vain (Processing fee, Time, etc).

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
yyzstudent said:
Why would your age prevent you from getting in to a diploma program?
Not age, I have already done a PG diploma so it will be difficult for me to enroll with a diploma program.