+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exemption from Travel restriction

rock_on876

Sep 30, 2020
Hello,

I am currently living in Canada over a year, on open work permit based on my wife's PGWP. My children has received exemption from travel restrictions to join us in Canada, they currently hold visitors visa. We have already submitted our papers for PR and waiting. I have few concerns if you can help advise
1) Do I still need to purchase round trip ticket for my children since they will be on visitors visa or oneway would be okay?
2) Would my work permit and visitor visa be enough to board flight to return to Canada?
3) Would a letter from employer be recommended to prove status here or other documents?

Any feedback and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Arjun2304

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am currently living in Canada over a year, on open work permit based on my wife's PGWP. My children has received exemption from travel restrictions to join us in Canada, they currently hold visitors visa. We have already submitted our papers for PR and waiting. I have few concerns if you can help advise
1) Do I still need to purchase round trip ticket for my children since they will be on visitors visa or oneway would be okay?
2) Would my work permit and visitor visa be enough to board flight to return to Canada?
3) Would a letter from employer be recommended to prove status here or other documents?

1. No round trip tickets are no required.
2. You need a recent letter from your employer confirming your employment.

Reactions: rock_on876

Zekarias

Feb 9, 2018
Quebec
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hell @rock_on876, how long did it took to get authorisation letter for your children? I am on the same boat.

DianeD

Feb 22, 2018
Hello,

Hi There, I would also like to know how long it took to receive the auth letter for travel as I am also in a similar position.

Thanks!