London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Niagara1111 said:
Can one file for the removal/exemption of condition 51 while still living with their sponsors?
I am not aware of any such option.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is automatically removed after you have had your PR for 2 years as long as immigration has not received a complaint about you by that time.

Aside from that, there are exceptions such as your sponsor dying, your sponsor abusing you or neglecting you and failing to provide for your needs. You can not just leave and say there was abuse. You must be able to prove that there was abuse.

M

mikeymyke

With all the stuff you talked about in the previous thread, you should collect evidence of abuse and then you can ask for exemption of Condition 51.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
Since you said
She recently told me that when I have a job that I should leave her place (Because she doesn't want me to go on welfare, Which I wont do in the first place). I told her that i am not going anywhere that if she wants to leave she can. She refused to give me the building key, so i pretty much wait out for someone to either go in or out of the building before I can gain access to the building. I have the apartment key though.
Why would you still be living with her anyway?

Niagara1111

Sep 14, 2016
Bcboundboy said:
Since you said
Why would you still be living with her anyway?
Because I will be breaking the condition if I leave, And there so much information about abuse for woman in CIC website and little for men. I wanted to do much research before I make a decision. Hence these posts.

Niagara1111

Sep 14, 2016
mikeymyke said:
Have you submitted the evidence to CIC yet?
No I haven't. I am very reluctant because I fear they wont believe me and that I would end up putting myself in more troubles.

M

mikeymyke

Well if you fear they won't believe you, then you're pretty much not going to be exempted from Condition 51 unless you plan on living with this abusive woman for the next 2 years and hope she doesn't report your relationship breakdown. Another option is why don't you just simply divorce her and return home to your country?

Niagara1111

Sep 14, 2016
I know what you mean, I do not intend to live with a abusive person for two years, If you read my previous message you will understand why it is not easy from me to move back to my previous life. So i have to be careful and do this when I have enough solid prove. And if she report before then, then so be it.

Do you by any chance knows how long the exemption process takes?
Thanks again I appreciate your time.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Niagara1111 said:
I know what you mean, I do not intend to live with a abusive person for two years, If you read my previous message you will understand why it is not easy from me to move back to my previous life. So i have to be careful and do this when I have enough solid prove. And if she report before then, then so be it.

Do you by any chance knows how long the exemption process takes?
Thanks again I appreciate your time.
If you have a counsellor (you said you did), let them help you with this. I am not sure how long that process takes, but that counsellor is the most solid proof you can provide. Otherwise it's "he-said-she-said". It's what you say versus what she says.

scrivener

Sep 13, 2016
Hey Niagara, you can totally request an exception and they should not discriminate you on the basis of you being male.

There are many men who requested the exception and left abusive situations. There was even a guy who nearly got killed by his sponsor in a murder-suicide! You can read about his case on CANLII. Here is what you do.

LEAVE abusive situation. Do not stay. Exception will not be granted if you are still cohabiting. Find a new place to stay.

Tell the police. Even if they laugh at you (because you are a man).

Contact CIC. Call the number. Say you are in an abusive situation and want to request an exception.

They will give you an appointment to talk to someone.

Before the appointment, gather proof of abuse. Abuse can present itself in many forms: financial, physical, psychological etc. Take screenshots. Save it all in a neat document. The CIC website has a section defining all types of abuse. If sponsor continues to abuse, screenshot, photograph, save it.

Gather anything that proves you can support yourself in Canada: proof of employment, your CV, your diploma, your new rental agreement, any proof if you are registered at school here etc.
Then you wait.

You are still a PR and you can still travel and have rights.

They might be slow to let you know their decision: 3 weeks to 8 months. You might have to pester them eventually.

If you travel internationally and are pulled into secondary when you come back to Canada, and they question you about your relationship, do not stress. Tell the border guards you have requested an exception and have been in contact with CIC.

Good luck!

mcbeth

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow------>Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/14
Doc's Request.
23/02/15
File Transfer...
27/02/14
Med's Request
re-do requested 25/02/15
Med's Done....
28/02/15 re-do
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
See my post in this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/condition-51-abused-sponsored-spouses-and-exception-requests-t451906.0.html

If you want to leave, leave. Should be no harm to either sponsor or sponsored. Hope this helps.