+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exemple of the bank letter that we need to provide to CIC

casadog

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hi guys,

Is there any exemple available for the bank letter that we need to provide to CIC?

My bank are asking me to provide an exemple.

I want to make sure that it covers all the requierement.

Thank you for your support

Reactions: Beenath17

NicoleD

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
casadog said:
Hi guys,

Is there any exemple available for the bank letter that we need to provide to CIC?

My bank are asking me to provide an exemple.

I want to make sure that it covers all the requierement.

Thank you for your support
it may be the same layout we needed for Ontario application, no?
I'm also keen to know...

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NicoleD said:
I'm also keen to know...
There is no real layout as such except for the following details:

1) Date account opened
2) Name of Account holder
3) Current Bank balance
4) Currency funds are denominated in

It has to be on bank letterhead, signed by the bank manager, and you need to provide statements for the 6 months prior to submission.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Ontario application requires a bank letter or a bank statement?!

NicoleD said:
I'm also keen to know...

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is actually no requirement for six months of statements if you bank is able to provide the letter that CIC request. Many are not able to (in which case statement away), but the CIC requirements are:

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

As for format, your bank will be the ones producing it so you are a little at their mercy on content and what they are allowed to include based on their own policies etc.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
omarnabsws said:
Ontario application requires a bank letter or a bank statement?!
Both - the bank letter as well as bank statements.
Some applicants who only sent bank certificate were asked to provide bank statements later on.

Rose152

Feb 2, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
05-06-2017
There is actually no requirement for six months of statements if you bank is able to provide the letter that CIC request. Many are not able to (in which case statement away), but the CIC requirements are:

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

As for format, your bank will be the ones producing it so you are a little at their mercy on content and what they are allowed to include based on their own policies etc.
what if there is no bank letter but just the 6 months statements? will that suffice?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
what if there is no bank letter but just the 6 months statements? will that suffice?
My bank doesn't write letters so I used the last 6 months statements in my OINP application.

If you're planning to do the same thing, just make sure that your name, account number, the bank's address, contact details etc. are included in the statements.

Good luck.

Reactions: Rose152

Rose152

Feb 2, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
05-06-2017
Do we have to get a letter from bank or just bank statement on bank letterhead with bank stamp is sufficient ?

Rose152

Feb 2, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
05-06-2017
My bank doesn't write letters so I used the last 6 months statements in my OINP application.

If you're planning to do the same thing, just make sure that your name, account number, the bank's address, contact details etc. are included in the statements.

Good luck.
thank you so much for replying!! I was very tensed as I have already submitted everything and while casually surfing came across these threads!! was horrified!!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Do we have to get a letter from bank or just bank statement on bank letterhead with bank stamp is sufficient ?
My bank doesn't give statements on letterhead so for my OINP application I uploaded pdfs of my online statements - they had the logo of my bank and other details in colour.

If your bank agrees to give you statements on the letterhead, make sure that they also stamp, sign and date it.

Good luck

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
thank you so much for replying!! I was very tensed as I have already submitted everything and while casually surfing came across these threads!! was horrified!!
Don't worry and don't overthink. If IRCC wants additional documents, they'll ask.

Good luck to you.

Rose152

Feb 2, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
05-06-2017
My bank doesn't give statements on letterhead so for my OINP application I uploaded pdfs of my online statements - they had the logo of my bank and other details in colour.

If your bank agrees to give you statements on the letterhead, make sure that they also stamp, sign and date it.

Good luck
I have 6 months statements wherein all the bank details viz., branch name, address, contact, a/c no., etc are mentioned also I have got them stamped from the bank and signed by an official. Just the letter is not included.

So did you get the PR?

Good Luck!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I have 6 months statements wherein all the bank details viz., branch name, address, contact, a/c no., etc are mentioned also I have got them stamped from the bank and signed by an official. Just the letter is not included.

So did you get the PR?

Good Luck!
I think you'll be OK. Good luck.

I've applied to OINP and waiting for nomination now - my CRS score is too less for direct ITA anytime soon.

Rose152

Feb 2, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
05-06-2017
I think you'll be OK. Good luck.

I've applied to OINP and waiting for nomination now - my CRS score is too less for direct ITA anytime soon.
ok..best luck! may you get the nomination soon!!