+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Excuse me, LMIA takes more than two months and you'll have to wait before hiring

kemperguitar

Feb 24, 2016
"Excuse me, LMIA takes more than two months and you'll have to wait before hiring me...
I will pay for the $1500 fee. Would you be interested in submitting this LMIA form?
Don't worry, it's just an assessment form to see if my job can harass other Canadian workers.

Also, would you please put an ad on Job Bank site for one month to prove that there's no other qualified guy?
Otherwise, I won't be able to immigrate to Canada."

Employer's face:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kemperguitar said:
"Excuse me, LMIA takes more than two months and you'll have to wait before hiring me...
I will pay for the $1500 fee. Would you be interested in submitting this LMIA form?
Don't worry, it's just an assessment form to see if my job can harass other Canadian workers.

Also, would you please put an ad on Job Bank site for one month to prove that there's no other qualified guy?
Few errors/issues in your post that are important to correct for those not familiar with the process:

- Fee is $1,000, not $1,500
- Fee is waived (i.e. doesn't have to be paid) for LMIAs supporting PR applications
- Advertising on just Job Bank isn't enough to meet the advertising requirement
- Advertising requirements need to be met before the LMIA application is submitted
- An LMIA isn't mandatory to immigrate to Canada (it can be possible to qualify without)

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
scylla said:
Few errors/issues in your post that are important to correct for those not familiar with the process:

- Fee is $1,000, not $1,500
- Fee is waived (i.e. doesn't have to be paid) for LMIAs supporting PR applications
- Advertising on just Job Bank isn't enough to meet the advertising requirement
- Advertising requirements need to be met before the LMIA application is submitted
- An LMIA isn't mandatory to immigrate to Canada (it can be possible to qualify without)
Also want to add, that some jobs have some of the requirements for the LMIA waved and others are fast tracked and processed in under 15 days.
I will never understand why some people don't grasp that Canada has every right to make sure that their citizens are protected. Why should they allow a non-citizen to come in and take a job from a qualified Canadian? I am grateful that Canada has allowed me to become part of their country and I didn't find any of their requirements unreasonable.

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
AshesNdust said:
Also want to add, that some jobs have some of the requirements for the LMIA waved and others are fast tracked and processed in under 15 days.
I will never understand why some people don't grasp that Canada has every right to make sure that their citizens are protected. Why should they allow a non-citizen to come in and take a job from a qualified Canadian? I am grateful that Canada has allowed me to become part of their country and I didn't find any of their requirements unreasonable.
Good post! I can totally understand why they have the processes they do. Think about how you would feel in your home country if a foreign national gets a job that a local is more than qualified for? My husbands LMIA took 5 months to be approved but if that meant we had the points to enable us to apply for EE then we were happy to wait. We've been here almost 4 years and very grateful we've had this opportunity - we love it here and can't imagine moving back.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kemperguitar said:

Other than what the other guys have said here (absolutely Canada can be choosy about who they let in, for such a long term move this process really is just a drop in the bucket) you cannot pay any of the fees yourself.

If you get caught, you can kiss your LMIA goodbye and will be slapped with a 5 year ban.