+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exclusion order

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Can you start a sponsership spousal application while an exclusion order is still In effect, or do you have to wait until the order is lifted to submit the application.

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Can you start a sponsership spousal application while an exclusion order is still In effect, or do you have to wait until the order is lifted to submit the application.
If you left Canada with an exclusion order in place, then yes, you have to wait one full year. If you are still in Canada, then no. You can submit an application, however; if CBSA is willing to wait or you know provisions to stop the order, then it will be favourable, if not then it is no point and would suggest you leave Canada in good terms to avoid having it change to deportation.

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
H
Hi yes u can and if the spousal sponsorship is done before the exclusion order is up you’ll neee to apply for ARC..I’m telling u from my experience as I was issued an exclusion order of 1 year and I left Canada dec 2018 fast forward to to July 2019 this year we submitted our spousal application, got aor August 30th, sponsorship approval sept 5th, biometrics done sept 16th and file just transferred to principal applicant visa office oct 4th then medical comes 5 months after submission of application (that’s for principal applicant visa office as different visa offices have their specific processing time) so that’s December by then my exclusion order is up and I won’t need ARC .so yes u can! and even upon my departure the officers advised to apply towards the end of the exclusion order to avoid delay and applying for ARC..

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
H
Hi yes u can and if the spousal sponsorship is done before the exclusion order is up you’ll neee to apply for ARC..I’m telling u from my experience as I was issued an exclusion order of 1 year and I left Canada dec 2018 fast forward to to July 2019 this year we submitted our spousal application, got aor August 30th, sponsorship approval sept 5th, biometrics done sept 16th and file just transferred to principal applicant visa office oct 4th then medical comes 5 months after submission of application (that’s for principal applicant visa office as different visa offices have their specific processing time) so that’s December by then my exclusion order is up and I won’t need ARC .so yes u can! and even upon my departure the officers advised to apply towards the end of the exclusion order to avoid delay and applying for ARC..
Thank you so much, we have submited our application in may 2019, lucky i didnt listen to some of the wrong information above , i would have waited a whole year before submitting. Am in the same boat as you, medical, biometrics and additional documents all updated. Thank you so much, and good luck with your application.

Reactions: Zikky

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
H
You haven’t actually been approved yet.

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
You haven’t actually been approved yet.
I never said my process was done Or I’ve been approved I was explaining that u don’t have to wait for the exclusion order to be up before u can apply As my application have gone thru some major milestone and eventually I’m gonna get approved.

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Thank you so much, we have submited our application in may 2019, lucky i didnt listen to some of the wrong information above , i would have waited a whole year before submitting. Am in the same boat as you, medical, biometrics and additional documents all updated. Thank you so much, and good luck with your application.
Thanks and good luck to you too and always remember to keep the faith and stay positive.