+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exclusion Order, ARC & PR Application.

maLa.xo

Nov 17, 2015
Hello!

I'm hoping someone could shed some light on our situation as the VO has been less than helpful and I have no idea who to ask.

My husband was asked to attend a meeting with CIC in Sept regarding his overstay. We had applied for an extension however I made the mistake of not submitting the document requested but just uploading it.. thus it was denied. During the interview he told them that he had been in jail 15 years ago and he was detained. He had a Minister's Delagate meeting where the Board did not believe him to be a threat due to the length of time since then etc and was released on conditions and bail. About a month ago, while reporting weekly he was given an Exclusion Order for the Overstay and is leaving Canada tomorrow. My question is regarding the ARC.

Is it possible for me to apply for an ARC for him to return to Canada so we can proceed with an Inland Application ASAP? If so, how do a I do that?

Do we need to do the Outland Application and then apply during the course of the PR? If so, when can I start that?

Our only concern is our 3 year old daughter. She understand what is going on and she really needs her dad. We would wait the year out if it was just us two.

I appreciate you taking the time to read & respond.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you can certainly try applying for an ARC so that he can return to Canada and you submit an inland application. Be aware that the ARC process can drag out for months. It's possible it may take the better part of a year to process. It's also possible it may be refused and your husband will be told to wait out the year outside of Canada. But you can certainly try. Information on how to apply for an ARC can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/apply-where.asp

If you want to apply outland instead, you'll need to submit the ARC along with the outland application. Again, expect long processing times. It's also possible CIC may tell you you'll have to wait for the year to pass before they'll proceed with your application.

maLa.xo

Nov 17, 2015
scylla said:
Yes - you can certainly try applying for an ARC so that he can return to Canada and you submit an inland application. Be aware that the ARC process can drag out for months. It's possible it may take the better part of a year to process. It's also possible it may be refused and your husband will be told to wait out the year outside of Canada. But you can certainly try. Information on how to apply for an ARC can be found here:

If you want to apply outland instead, you'll need to submit the ARC along with the outland application. Again, expect long processing times. It's also possible CIC may tell you you'll have to wait for the year to pass before they'll proceed with your application.
Thank you SO much replying Scylla - I appreciate it.

This whole process seems overwhelming. I have no idea where to start! My fear is applying using the wrong forms and paying the fee and being SOL ahha.

His VO is Vienna. He is planning to go to Vienna as soon as he returns to Croatia but I'm not even sure if they're open to the public?

Can I apply outland as soon as he leaves? Start the application process I mean? That may be a better option seeing as the average application is 16 months for vienna and over two years inland. That's something I will need to explain to him because he seems to think this whole thing is going to happen overnight :(

If applying outland can he deliver the application in person or do I have to mail it? Can I prepare the documents here myself in Canada or does he have to do it there? (He won't have a computer there or even access to internet for a computer - he lives in the middle of nowhere)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's most likely impossible to meet with anyone in the Vienna office in person.

Regardless of how you apply, the application needs to be mailed to Mississauga. No - it can't be delivered in person. Mail/courier only.

Yes - you can submit an outland application as soon as he leaves (provided it includes the ARC paperwork and fees).

The processing times you are seeing aren't averages. Most applications are processed in less than the processing times displayed. However you should psychologically prepare yourself for 16+ months of processing due to the ARC.

Nothing is going to happen overnight. It's quite possible he may not be able to return to Canada for a full year.

maLa.xo

Nov 17, 2015
That makes sense. Thank you!

I know this won't be quick at all, I'm prepared for the wait but I think the wait is worse for him - poor guy.

Okay, I'll just proceed with the Outland Application.

This may sound like a totally silly question but I can't even think right now... how does he sign the paperwork etc if he's there and I'm the one filling everything out. He isn't the type to be able to do this on his own, over there haha.

I'd like to set him up with a game plan and tell him exactly where he needs to go and what he needs to do when he gets there so that he can just do it all one by one and hopefully we'll have this submitted by January.

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 11-08-2015 / AOR2 17-09-2015
File Transfer...
SA approval/transfer 9-09-2015 processing 17-09-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront-MR recieved Oct 14,2015
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE March 18 2016
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
The ARC will be handled within the context of your Outland app. Do not apply for ARC in tandem.
We are in same situation which is how I know this. Vienna seems to be processing quickly now. I've recently seen ARC payment request for applicant as soon as 5 months after applying.

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
My husband also has an ARC application through Vienna. We submitted the sponsorship application in August 2014 and he was asked to submit the ARC payment and a statement explaining his situation - why he should be admitted back in Canada in April of this year. My husband had a denied refugee claim and his departure order turned into deportation order. He paid the ARC fees and sent all the required documents and we are still waiting to hear from Vienna. (Your ARC will be dealt within the sponsorship application and you have to wait until the Visa Office advises you to submit the payment and statement).
I contacted my new MP and he recently informed me that Vienna opened my husbands ARC file (apparently they have to open an ARC file) the end of July. My husband passed the background check, they interviewed him in March and already determined that the relationship is genuine and in July of this year his medicals expired but apparently Vienna requested a year extension so we have been told that his medicals are okay until July 2016. The ARC application has to be processed by the Immigration Program Manager (IMP) and my MP told me that in January the IMP has to review the application (6 months after opening the ARC file) and has 30 business days to make a decision.
I have contacted the visa office many times and all they tell me is that my husband application is in queue and we will be notified if they require any further information. I was only able to get more specific information through my MP.
I have done a lot of research and the processing of ARC applications and timelines depends on the Visa Office, Mexico seems to process them faster (within a month or two) but Vienna is taking more than six months.
I hope this helps

am12345

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Urgent F000---- MUMTAZ, AYESHA (SXB) - CONFIRMATION‏
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca 11/23/2015
Its been past 7 days now, i have e-mailed at above address with got the confirmation and what i e mailed to High Commission of Canada is below

Subject: F000--- MUMTAZ, AYESHA (UCI: 446--) (SXB)

Reference: Letter dated 6th August, 2015.

I would like to respectfully inform you that I have received my USA FBI clearance certificate and will be mailing it to you within this week. I appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter as it took about 14 weeks to receive it.

In reply to your original e-mail dated 6th August, 2015, in which I was asked to submit an updated USA FBI police certificate, on 19th August, 2015, I notified through e-mail that I applied for the federal USA (FBI) clearance certificate and also mentioned that the original federal USA (FBI) police certificate takes about 11-13 weeks to arrive and this information is stated on their website. I also received an automated confirmation reply for this e-mail from immigration office.

On 18th, November 2015, for the first time, I received a letter by mail dated 12th November, 2015, UCI: 446---/ARC01--- from the immigration and medical services division notifying me that I need to submit an original USA FBI clearance certificate and a new bank draft for the ARC processing fees as the original draft has expired. I am not sure if I need to submit the same document twice, or if one original USA FBI police certificate send to you will suffice. I would also like to know that where I need to mail both the FBI police certificate and the bank draft to you or to the address in the letter received on 12th November,2015.
Your guidance and help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

God knows what the definition of urgency for them as in confirmation email it is written that if they feel inquiry is of urgent need then they will e mail in 24-48 hours but i haven't get any reply.
Anyone can suggest me where to mail my document at:

This address from where (p.p/SXB) been

sending me emails from starting

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London SW1Y 5BJ
United Kingdom

0r to This address from where i got letters one on 12/11/15 other on 13/11/15
REO
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London
SW1Y 5BJ

which one is the main address where people send their documents

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
maLa.xo said:
Hello!

I'm hoping someone could shed some light on our situation as the VO has been less than helpful and I have no idea who to ask.

My husband was asked to attend a meeting with CIC in Sept regarding his overstay. We had applied for an extension however I made the mistake of not submitting the document requested but just uploading it.. thus it was denied. During the interview he told them that he had been in jail 15 years ago and he was detained. He had a Minister's Delagate meeting where the Board did not believe him to be a threat due to the length of time since then etc and was released on conditions and bail. About a month ago, while reporting weekly he was given an Exclusion Order for the Overstay and is leaving Canada tomorrow. My question is regarding the ARC.

Is it possible for me to apply for an ARC for him to return to Canada so we can proceed with an Inland Application ASAP? If so, how do a I do that?

Do we need to do the Outland Application and then apply during the course of the PR? If so, when can I start that?

Our only concern is our 3 year old daughter. She understand what is going on and she really needs her dad. We would wait the year out if it was just us two.

I appreciate you taking the time to read & respond.
Pretty much you have to wait for them to request the ARC, it normally happens within the Immirgation process and yes it can take longer than usual

I called CIC to see if I can get the form prior and submit it with my outlabd application and was told " no I will have to wait until the VO. Request it after a successful interview of my husband.

Get your Outland application out ASP and wait for them to request the ARC it cost $400.00 on top of the other fees such as the application fee and the right of landing fee

Good luck

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
maLa.xo said:
Thank you SO much replying Scylla - I appreciate it.

This whole process seems overwhelming. I have no idea where to start! My fear is applying using the wrong forms and paying the fee and being SOL ahha.

His VO is Vienna. He is planning to go to Vienna as soon as he returns to Croatia but I'm not even sure if they're open to the public?

Can I apply outland as soon as he leaves? Start the application process I mean? That may be a better option seeing as the average application is 16 months for vienna and over two years inland. That's something I will need to explain to him because he seems to think this whole thing is going to happen overnight :(

If applying outland can he deliver the application in person or do I have to mail it? Can I prepare the documents here myself in Canada or does he have to do it there? (He won't have a computer there or even access to internet for a computer - he lives in the middle of nowhere)
I can definetly relate to what You are saying

What i did was ask a family friend to help my husband with his form guiding them along the procedure for a small fee

You have a lot of work and preparing ahead of you.....start gathering up everything for your package, proof of relationship, pictures, communication, emails, letters, and more - it's not fun at all lol - but YIU need your husband back!!!!

Jump around from threads to threads in the forum educating yourself on this process, because you will need to educate your hubby to since he thinks this will happen overnight by signing one form lol
It took me a real long long time before I submitted my package. I started reading into the threads here on the forum to understand how it all works ( like one year before) and when I was ready to submit my huge package to Missussauga I was very prepared and satisfied with what I had

There are some forms that will need to validated and signed by both of you - be prepare to use DHL FEDEX or UPS

Dorib

Dec 23, 2017
The ARC will be handled within the context of your Outland app. Do not apply for ARC in tandem.
We are in same situation which is how I know this. Vienna seems to be processing quickly now. I've recently seen ARC payment request for applicant as soon as 5 months after applying.
Hello there
Do you know how long it takes to have an ARC response. We applied almost 1 year ago for PR and just one month ago our VO in Rome asked for ARC for my partner. Do you have any idea abou5 the usual timeframe?

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Hello there
Do you know how long it takes to have an ARC response. We applied almost 1 year ago for PR and just one month ago our VO in Rome asked for ARC for my partner. Do you have any idea abou5 the usual timeframe?
Have you applied for inland sponsorship or outland??