+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exact length of quarantine

onevanlife

Jan 12, 2020
Hi, can someone comment on the exact length of the 14-day quarantine and how it is counted?
Let's say I landed at noon on the 10th of the month, am I free to go at noon on the 24th?

The only thing the government site says is that the 14-day period starts on the day of arrival. This would mean the quarantine is actually over on midnight of the 23rd.

thanks,
Evan

onevanlife

Jan 12, 2020
Ok just for those who are wondering, I called the health office and they said if you came in at noon then the quarantine also ends at noon after 14 24-hour periods.

rsaez89

Aug 18, 2020
Hi,
I have kinda the same question I landed on the 30th (Monday), does that count as day one of the quarantine or would day one be Monday the 31st?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, can someone comment on the exact length of the 14-day quarantine and how it is counted?
Let's say I landed at noon on the 10th of the month, am I free to go at noon on the 24th?

The only thing the government site says is that the 14-day period starts on the day of arrival. This would mean the quarantine is actually over on midnight of the 23rd.

thanks,
Evan
Are you or your spouse Canadian PRs or citizens?

A.trk

Nov 3, 2020
Hi everyone! My school, Seneca, confused me about the end date of quarantine. Do we really have to wait for our test results to end the quarantine? For example, my quarantine started at 15 dec. I will take the test at 28 dec. can I end my quarantine at 29 dec or do I have to wait for my test result?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! My school, Seneca, confused me about the end date of quarantine. Do we really have to wait for our test results to end the quarantine? For example, my quarantine started at 15 dec. I will take the test at 28 dec. can I end my quarantine at 29 dec or do I have to wait for my test result?
What test? Is it a thing in Ontario only?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Btw, didn't you received a handout from the CBSA: that says the 14 day quarantine period starts again if during this period, you develop fever, cough or fever and difficulty breathing, test positive for covid-19 or if you are eposed....?

Also. shouldn't there be someone from the government verifying your compliance? The person should give you some info regarding your isolation.

A.trk

Nov 3, 2020
What test? Is it a thing in Ontario only?
I am an international student and it is a must for international students to be test regardless if they have symptoms or not. I don’t have any symptoms but I will take the test.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am an international student and it is a must for international students to be test regardless if they have symptoms or not. I don’t have any symptoms but I will take the test.
Do you pay for the test or it is provided by the government?