+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EXACT DATES: CANADIAN CITIZEN AND DATE OF RECORD OF LANDING

YPLO

Jun 17, 2010
Hey there-

I was looking for some help on the following questions on the APPLICATION TO SPONSOR AND UNDERTAKING (IMM 1344 A).

Question 10- Asks for the exact date you became a Canadian Citizen - don't have it. only a copy of citizenship certificate which shows the month and year and my citizenship card.

Question 11- Record of Landing/Confirmation of Permanent Residence - don't have it. only a copy of my Canadian Immigration and Visa document.

Will my application get returned if I don't have the following information?

Where would I be able to get the information in a timely fashion?

Lynn-ji

Jun 2, 2011
If you know someone in Canada (or if you live there) you can call 888-242-2100 and speak to an agent to get questions answered. I had my daughter in Ottawa call for me (I live in Florida) to ask about exact dates of places I have lived. I have no record of them and can come up with years or months and years for some. They said to fill it in to the best of my ability.

YPLO

Jun 17, 2010
I called that number already and got the exact same answer. Those agents aren't too helpful...they're looking to send you links and get you off the phone asap.

I'm trying to prevent any reasons for the CIC to return my application.

Thanks for responding.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't have anyone in Canada, you are welcome to call long distance at 1-613-944-4000

Otherwise, for Question 10, I will just put the month and year;

Question 11 - Write "don't have it. Only copy of Canadian Immigration and Visa document"

No, my application didn't get return despite not having the above information.

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
If you don't have anyone in Canada, you are welcome to call long distance at 1-613-944-4000

Otherwise, for Question 10, I will just put the month and year;

Question 11 - Write "don't have it. Only copy of Canadian Immigration and Visa document"

No, my application didn't get return despite not having the above information.
Yes, month and year (as shown on the Citizenship Certificate) should be sufficient. That's what I'm using.

For question 11, the Sponsorship Guide (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3900E.pdf), page 18, says the following "11.If you are a naturalized Canadian citizen and no longer have your Immigrant Visa and Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292), print the name you used at the time you became a permanent resident."

So for question 11, only enter the name you used when you became PR.