+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ex husband won’t sign IMM5604

Teeboi

Sep 17, 2015
Hello everyone. I need any help regarding my current situation. I have two kids with my ex husband and in the process of applying for Express Entry. However, he is not signing the IMM5604.

1. What do I have to provide if the form is not going to be signed as I do not have a sole custody document at hand.

1. How is it going to affect our application?

1. Will the application be cancelled?

1. Will the application consider only me?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone. I need any help regarding my current situation. I have two kids with my ex husband and in the process of applying for Express Entry. However, he is not signing the IMM5604.

1. What do I have to provide if the form is not going to be signed as I do not have a sole custody document at hand.

1. How is it going to affect our application?

1. Will the application be cancelled?

1. Will the application consider only me?
Get a Canadian immigration lawyer for this.

1. Husband needs to sign. There is nothing you can provide. You need to have full custody without visitation rights for your spouse for him not to have to sign.
2. It will not be processed.
3. Eventually
4. If you sign off saying that your children are no longer part of the application then yes. Just know that your children willl NEVER be able to be sponsored by you for PR or live with you permanently in Canada. You will come on your own and your children will never get PR. Even having them come as visitors will be a challenge. So if you are willing to have your children raised by your ex, visit them periodically and live without them in Canada then that is a choice you must make.