+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Evidence of sponsor living in Canada

jaydee77

Apr 20, 2015
Hi, I'm sponsoring my wife for a family class visa, and we both live in Japan at the moment. I have passed the sponsorship qualification stage of the application, and it's now moved on to the Manila office for my wife's application to be processed. That occured this week. Within 3 days of being confirmed as a valid sponsor, the Manila office sent both of us a letter saying that they don't believe that I'll live in Canada when and if the permanent residency is approved. The proof I had for them was a rental agreement between my family and the place we will be living. That's all been arranged, as well as the date we move in. I guess that wasn't enough. We will be sending them my flight information/itinerary to Canada ASAP, though. But my question is, does the flight have to be directly to the city we'll live in (Edmonton), or can it be to Vancouver, where we'll be picked up by family and then drive the rest of the way to Edmonton? Our intended address is in Edmonton, not Vancouver. Will it make a difference to immigration?

triple p

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015 (Proof of Sponsor's Canadian Residence); 08-09-2015 (FBI)
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015 Ottawa; 08-12-2015 LA; DM 19-01-2016; pics request 12-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 19-02-2016!!!
Do you also have any letters to possible future employers? Or, if you have kids are you looking at schools? I would include an explanation with the flight itinerary. Perhaps the family member picking you up could write a short letter stating that and sign it.

triple p

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015 (Proof of Sponsor's Canadian Residence); 08-09-2015 (FBI)
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015 Ottawa; 08-12-2015 LA; DM 19-01-2016; pics request 12-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 19-02-2016!!!
Some other information that shows intent to reside in our letter:
- employment letters
- lease agreements
- correspondence with future employers, real estate agencies, property rental agencies, health care agencies, insurance agencies, financial institutions
I am not quite sure what your letter looks like, but this is what our letter requested from the Ottawa visa office.

jaydee77

Apr 20, 2015
Nothing from possible employers. It's still quite a ways off. I have a daughter, and I did mention in the application that we will be looking into Kindergarten for her. I know the deadline for that is April 15, and I have said that we will be doing that as soon as we arrive. I've asked my sister, who is picking us up, to write a letter explaining it.

We already included a lease agreement. My mom is going to ask her doctor if he can take 3 more patients (my family), and if so, I'll see if I can get a letter from him.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jaydee77 said:
Nothing from possible employers. It's still quite a ways off. I have a daughter, and I did mention in the application that we will be looking into Kindergarten for her. I know the deadline for that is April 15, and I have said that we will be doing that as soon as we arrive. I've asked my sister, who is picking us up, to write a letter explaining it.

We already included a lease agreement. My mom is going to ask her doctor if he can take 3 more patients (my family), and if so, I'll see if I can get a letter from him.
You should get letters confirming your intent to move from other family members and friends as well. if you have any emails/chats with family or friends about the move, include those.

shru

Jan 31, 2015
Congrats to every one who received PPR.

I had one question to ask. We applied for notes last week and we received an email stating(After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request). Can any one plz let me knw as when to pay the fee for the notes?? Since there was no option to pay the fee a time time we applied for notes.