+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Everything looks good from far!!!!! Advise from my Heart.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
With the all due respect, I have to agree with the OP. I am a Canadian and I have seen lots of highly qualified people get very depressed here, it breaks my heart. However I have also seen some people excel in Canada, just depends.

Personally I would not recommend working professionals who already have a job to come here, UNLESS you get a job offer before you come, then it's cool.

Otherwise you really need to understand that the chances of you working in your profession are pretty slim, in Canada you will find tons and tons of immigrant doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc..working at security jobs, fast food, retail etc..it's kind of sad.

From what I have seen, those immigrants who come here with almost nothing ie refugees, etc..they don't mind working odd jobs and working their way up the ladder, I know lots of refugee Afghans and Lebanese who have done very well here. It took some time, but their doing well and have set up their own business, I find Middle Eastern people (Ie Arabs, Afghans) to be very entrepreneurial. The reason is they don't mind working odd jobs in order to save money, and most came here to get a better future for their kids and make a fresh start. Some were escaping war and poverty in their homelands, so for them Canada is great.

However if you are an educated working professional in China , Korea, UK, India etc..you need to understand that the chances are that you will struggle a lot over here, and you may never find a job in your profession. That's just a sad reality, this isn't the USA of the early 1990s.

I don't mean to discourage anyone, but please understand that this happens a lot.

bundoo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
belize said:
Hello everyone,
My adivse is if you guys have good job or good business in your homeland country then don't even bother to come Canada,
here life is so hard and making money is very very difficult trust me guys and kids get in wrong track so fast you can not do anything.
advise from my heart.
omg,another swindler crook

bundoo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
Correct, if someone is having good satisfied life in home country and do not want to enter into fresh challenge. Canada in the begining is difficult. As far as kids are concerned, if parents have no / little time to share with kids they can go on wrong track in any environment, be it Canada or any other country. I have seen that in Canada even labourers are owning houses valued more than half a million and they drive car, so i dont think it is very difficult to make money in Canada, I dont think in asia any labourer can dream to have a house valued more than $20000. Coming with a plan and taking 2-3 years, working hard can result in good life in CANADA.
lovely post ,accept Plus 1

bundoo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nicholas30 said:
Its become a common trend now, people start the topic about how bad Canada is on the forum and then disappear :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Cowards!!!!!!!!
without exception,accept Plus 1

D

deva

Newcomers ‘would prefer to return home’

http://www.newbindian.com/settling-in-canada/newcomers-would-prefer-to-return-home/

“Things are changing rapidly, circumstances are different than how they used to be in the past, and settlement is becoming more and more difficult for newcomers to Canada.

At least one in every three newcomers want to go back home due to a number of basic issues that makes the famous ‘Canadian dream’ no more than a meaningless term for them.”

“A few leave relatively quickly, soon after getting their PR (permanent resident), SIN and health cards, some wait until they acquire citizenship and the passport, while others choose to stay permanently despite problems.

“We have had a number of clients who have expressed concern upon reaching Canada,” says Shalini Konanur, executive director of South Asian Legal Clinic of Ontario (Salco).”

An immigrant’s struggles in Canada

HTTP://CANADIANIMMIGRANT.CA/COMMUNITY/AN-IMMIGRANTS-STRUGGLES-IN-CANADA
By K.M. Nasir
May 26, 2011

Following at least six months to two years of frantic job searching, the new immigrants (doctors, engineers, professors, bankers, business executives) are forced to take up ordinary low-paid jobs as factory workers, security guards, waiters or in supermarkets, call centres or convenience stores, which lead to their low morale and low self-esteem. Even such works — to the detriment of both health and mind — are sometimes hard to find. This is really heartbreaking as it is demoralizing at the same time leaving them in a state of despair and despondency.

indian2

Star Member
Jan 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
belize said:
Hello everyone,
My adivse is if you guys have good job or good business in your homeland country then don't even bother to come Canada,
here life is so hard and making money is very very difficult trust me guys and kids get in wrong track so fast you can not do anything.
advise from my heart.
. Yr advice frm hrt went into my soul if u have any more advice frm yr mind wil pump out frm head. Regards n love indian2

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
15/09/2011 Medical received on 11/11/11
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/5/2012 get passports back on 19/5/2012
AAL1984 said:
Otherwise you really need to understand that the chances of you working in your profession are pretty slim, in Canada you will find tons and tons of immigrant doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc..working at security jobs, fast food, retail etc..it's kind of sad.
I respect your post cos you speak objectively and not just sentimentally and cos you offer the solution along with the problem. Yes, planning and preparation do matter. I want here to raise our hope and our enthusiasm a bit by giving some good examples. In referral to highly prossional careers, I personaly have three of my family members wrorking as a pharmacist, an engineer and a doctor. With the exception of the doctor, they were able to work in their field pretty fast. The doctor struggled initially for three years BUT now not only she is able to practise as a doctor but she works in her own clinic as well. So, may be if you have another look after couple of years for those professionals who work NOW as taxi driver you will see them in a well established position LATER; it all depends upon the right mentality, attitude and perseverance. There is light at end of the tunnel.
Best of luck for everyone :)

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Gentlemen
There is no where in the world where you do not work for money or to climb

Patience +persistence = PROFITS

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
belize said:
Hello everyone,
here life is so hard and making money is very very difficult trust me guys
Yes it's true "if you have good job or good business"

With due respect to all, I don't understand why some of us respond out of context. Someone took an effort and wrote his experience (after going through the entire immigration process); we should respect his input. What to decide is solely our domain, which should be based on our personal circumstance and understanding. Time will decide if we took better decision or not.
If world's most billionaires are in USA it does not mean if I becomes American citizen I will experience the same. Many made millions during Afghanistan war, Iraq war, Bosnia civil war, Somalia etc, that necessary does not mean I can make it too.
If Canada is good for me it hardly matters if another immigrant is successful or not. However if Canada is not good for me, it never means it cannot be good for you.
Every decision has plus and minus points. In order to earn some opportunities we have to forego some. If life is full of success then there is hardly any challenge. We cannot have one color in life, since we human get bored easily. We need all colors in life.

Cheers !

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Very well said Fromdubai. It has become very common on forum to criticise the person who has some cons to share about his or her experience in Canada. Everyone has his or her own priorities and a way to take the challenges. I think we should respect the views of all the members on this forum.

+1 for you fromdubai

DestCan

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
IELTS Request
Provided. Band 8
File Transfer...
12-11-2011 to NY
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sep 2012
fromdubai said:

With due respect to all, I don't understand why some of us respond out of context. Someone took an effort and wrote his experience (after going through the entire immigration process); we should respect his input. What to decide is solely our domain, which should be based on our personal circumstance and understanding. Time will decide if we took better decision or not.
If world's most billionaires are in USA it does not mean if I becomes American citizen I will experience the same. Many made millions during Afghanistan war, Iraq war, Bosnia civil war, Somalia etc, that necessary does not mean I can make it too.
If Canada is good for me it hardly matters if another immigrant is successful or not. However if Canada is not good for me, it never means it cannot be good for you.
Every decision has plus and minus points. In order to earn some opportunities we have to forego some. If life is full of success then there is hardly any challenge. We cannot have one color in life, since we human get bored easily. We need all colors in life.

Cheers !
If cons are written in a generic manner without any facts and figures, it is not acceptable. They don't even share what NOC they belong too. People often show up, write negative and get lost. They are the same people who were cursing CIC for acting slow on their application and desperately hoping for PR.

It is matter of guts. If they can't handle it, then first please leave Canada and then tell others not to come there because of hardship. No...they would not do it. In a month, they will come back to this forum and add nothing more than their sad state. Still, they would not leave the Canada and live a miserable life and try to make other miserable too.

First, they should leave canada and then talk about their experience. They write it in a way that means Canada is not good for anybody. That's what bothers most of the readers on this forum. In my humble opinion.

D

deva

Taxi Driver Syndrome

Behind-the-scenes immigration changes are creating new problems on top of old ones.

by Jeffrey G. Reitz , the R.F. Harney Professor of Ethnic, Immigration and Pluralism Studies at the University of Toronto.

http://reviewcanada.ca/essays/2011/02/01/taxi-driver-syndrome/

“Are immigrant professionals still driving taxis?

The answer is yes. They are also mopping floors, bagging groceries, guarding office buildings, delivering pizzas, waiting tables and working at call centres. Once in Canada, many skilled immigrants, particularly those with Indian, Caribbean, Chinese or Arab backgrounds, wind up in occupations far below their educational levels—despite having been selected for high levels of training and experience in professions such as health care, engineering and education. The problem is known as “brain waste” and some economists estimate its cost to Canada as totalling at least $3 billion a year, not to mention the ruined dreams suffered by the immigrants themselves. “

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
fromdubai said:

Cheers !
Cheers 2! n +1 !!

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
harry_aussie said:
Very well said Fromdubai. It has become very common on forum to criticise the person who has some cons to share about his or her experience in Canada. Everyone has his or her own priorities and a way to take the challenges. I think we should respect the views of all the members on this forum.

+1 for you fromdubai
:)

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
belize said:
Hello everyone,
advise from my heart.
hahha.i do agree fully with your speech.... very true..not only canada , except home country every countries are the same...taugh to survive. Home country is like a mother..always care. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p