+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Everybody be quite, I got my test & oath note after 5 months

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Hi all,
Finally after almost 5 months IN PROCESS. I checked my online status today and it says:-

4- We sent you a notice on May 25, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 5, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5-We sent you a notice on May 26, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 5, 2017 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Please update my timeline. Please ask me any question. I got lots of information from this forum and I'll be more than happy to help anyone
  1. I never called them at all I have no time for them. I'm very busy in life working full time, studying in university part time, volunteering weekly in a very busy hospital.
All the best buddies hang on there. You will get it.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hi all,
Finally after almost 5 months IN PROCESS. I checked my online status today and it says:-

4- We sent you a notice on May 25, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 5, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5-We sent you a notice on May 26, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 5, 2017 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Please update my timeline. Please ask me any question. I got lots of information from this forum and I'll be more than happy to help anyone
  1. I never called them at all I have no time for them. I'm very busy in life working full time, studying in university part time, volunteering weekly in a very busy hospital.
urgent question please ?

what is 2+2 = ?

Reactions: kurt

Indiacan

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Congrats

Hi all,

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Can I apply for the passport same oath day?
Congratulations!

I think you have to wait one or two days.

From which country are you initially?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
How did they preassume that u gonna pass the test by sending
Advance scheduling of the oath for a time or day soon after the test and interview is fairly common, including same day oath ceremonies.

There is no guarantee, of course, that all applicants so scheduled for the oath will actually take the oath that day. As you apprehend, actually taking the oath is still contingent on the applicant passing the knowledge of Canada test (if applicable), demonstrating sufficient ability in one of the official languages, and successfully completing the documents-check interview, and the responsible Citizenship Officer giving the final go-ahead.

While this is not the usual practice, again it is common. This is sometimes done, for example, for those receiving itinerant services, IRCC trying to schedule tests, interviews, and oaths together to consolidate travel for the Citizenship Judge, Citizenship Officers, and other IRCC personnel providing these services. (This was my experience, for example, my oath likewise scheduled and noticed around the same time, notice coming just two weeks prior to the dates for the interview and oath, and the oath was scheduled to follow the interview slightly less than two days later, and indeed, among the 52 or so of us scheduled for the oath then, one did not pass, and thus did not take the oath with the rest of us.) This kind of scheduling has also been done for oath ceremonies on or near key dates (like Canada Day oath ceremonies), and has also been done to facilitate reducing the backlog or otherwise improving timeline optics.

The main thing to recognize is that, yes, even though the applicant is ostensibly scheduled for the oath, the applicant must still appear for the test and interview, and:
-- pass the knowledge of Canada test (if applicable; I'm an old man and did not take the test)
-- demonstrate ability in one of the official languages (even though the applicant also had to submit proof of language ability with the application; again this is if applicable)
-- present requested documents, including original of all potentially relevant passports
-- and satisfactorily respond to questions in the interview (this is how language ability is shown, in addition to the interview purpose of confirming identity and verifying presence, absence of prohibitions, and such, all done quite quickly and rather perfunctorily for the majority of qualified applicants)

For CanadianME: congratulations and good luck with test.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Whoch office???? timeline??

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Advance scheduling of the oath for a time or day soon after the test and interview is fairly common, including same day oath ceremonies.

There is no guarantee, of course, that all applicants so scheduled for the oath will actually take the oath that day. As you apprehend, actually taking the oath is still contingent on the applicant passing the knowledge of Canada test (if applicable), demonstrating sufficient ability in one of the official languages, and successfully completing the documents-check interview, and the responsible Citizenship Officer giving the final go-ahead.

While this is not the usual practice, again it is common. This is sometimes done, for example, for those receiving itinerant services, IRCC trying to schedule tests, interviews, and oaths together to consolidate travel for the Citizenship Judge, Citizenship Officers, and other IRCC personnel providing these services. (This was my experience, for example, my oath likewise scheduled and noticed around the same time, notice coming just two weeks prior to the dates for the interview and oath, and the oath was scheduled to follow the interview slightly less than two days later, and indeed, among the 52 or so of us scheduled for the oath then, one did not pass, and thus did not take the oath with the rest of us.) This kind of scheduling has also been done for oath ceremonies on or near key dates (like Canada Day oath ceremonies), and has also been done to facilitate reducing the backlog or otherwise improving timeline optics.

The main thing to recognize is that, yes, even though the applicant is ostensibly scheduled for the oath, the applicant must still appear for the test and interview, and:
-- pass the knowledge of Canada test (if applicable; I'm an old man and did not take the test)
-- demonstrate ability in one of the official languages (even though the applicant also had to submit proof of language ability with the application; again this is if applicable)
-- present requested documents, including original of all potentially relevant passports
-- and satisfactorily respond to questions in the interview (this is how language ability is shown, in addition to the interview purpose of confirming identity and verifying presence, absence of prohibitions, and such, all done quite quickly and rather perfunctorily for the majority of qualified applicants)

For CanadianME: congratulations and good luck with test.
Thanks Boss, you are the man in this forum. I got so much information from your posts and I really can't thank you enough. All the best buddy and have a great day!

Reactions: kurt

niting80

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2013
Woooowww! This may a rarest of rare circumstances! So cool of having the test and oath the same day. The long wait pays off. All the best for 5th July! Big day for you

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Woooowww! This may a rarest of rare circumstances! So cool of having the test and oath the same day. The long wait pays off. All the best for 5th July! Big day for you
I myself a rarest of rare persons :):):) just kidding bro. I got a secnodary review when I renewed my PR card and it took them 1.5 years to renew my PR!

NOW I HAVE A QUESTION
I'm traveling out of country USA July 6th! what are my options now? Won't I be able to come back to Canada? or I can apply for a passport from the USA. What are your thoughts fellows?

Thanks

Reactions: niting80