+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Every case is different...so suggestions mates!

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys!
I have been reading up on your forum for 1 or 2 days but as they say every case is different therefore i am putting mine for observation and comments.

10th-2004-70%
12th-2007-47%

Worked from April 2008 TO June 2009 in Gurgaon

BA from EIILM Uni 2009-2012
66%
Final year exam in Sep2012, result declared in Feb 2013, marksheet allotted in Jul 2013 (Some administrative concerns forced the uni to close down for 3 to 4 months)

Worked in the same company as above for 8 months after giving my final year exams!

Ielts- 8 bands(academic)

Now I have applied in Doughlas College, BC, for Post Grad diploma in Marketing as i am not eligible for Master's(3 year degree).

Area's I am concerned about:-

1. Completed 12th in 2 years with a low percentage(Bad company!)
2. EIILM Uni in news for all the wrong reasons, I dunno if my degree assesment will be effected by that or not
3. Company in which I worked is a small one with 10 to 15 employees, and its a Construction company but I was doing marketing jobs there.

Would really like an assesment from a Senior guy, as you ppl dont have any ulterior motives like all those agents out there.

Cheers mates!

jaskaranjassal

Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
05-05-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014
SDR287 said:
Hello guys!
I have been reading up on your forum for 1 or 2 days but as they say every case is different therefore i am putting mine for observation and comments.

10th-2004-70%
12th-2007-47%

Worked from April 2008 TO June 2009 in Gurgaon

BA from EIILM Uni 2009-2012
66%
Final year exam in Sep2012, result declared in Feb 2013, marksheet allotted in Jul 2013 (Some administrative concerns forced the uni to close down for 3 to 4 months)

Worked in the same company as above for 8 months after giving my final year exams!

Ielts- 8 bands(academic)

Now I have applied in Doughlas College, BC, for Post Grad diploma in Marketing as i am not eligible for Master's(3 year degree).

Area's I am concerned about:-

1. Completed 12th in 2 years with a low percentage(Bad company!)
2. EIILM Uni in news for all the wrong reasons, I dunno if my degree assesment will be effected by that or not
3. Company in which I worked is a small one with 10 to 15 employees, and its a Construction company but I was doing marketing jobs there.

Would really like an assesment from a Senior guy, as you ppl dont have any ulterior motives like all those agents out there.

Cheers mates!
I have also applied for douglas PDD info and comm tech. :)

spycyhrtforu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
I don't think you need to worry about the 3rd point since you are into marketing and every company needs to market their stuff. It does not matter how many employees are there as long as your work helped the company. Now about the first two points, it is definitely a cause for worry with visa. 1. You cannot tell the visa officer that your mark was affected due to "bad company". You have to think of something else like health problems or family problems. If you say it was because of health, you may need to convince them with proof lest they cal your bluff.
2. There is a chance that you will land into trouble even if you cross the first hurdle (above point). Whatever went wrong with your college if you had just concentrated in your studies and got very good grades, you wouldn't need to worry now. Since your grades are not that good, again you need to think of ways to convince the visa officer.
From what I have seen from your profile, I doubt that you stand a chance with the visa. I am not discouraging, just being practical. You should know all this yourself. You timelines seem to have big gaps. For example, you completed 12th in 2007. What did you do between then and before you joined work in 2008? If you convince the visa officer about all the loopholes in your profile, then you are very lucky.
You should try to think from the officer's view too, because they want genuine skilled students to come and study, not students who come with the intention to get settled with a PR through study route.
Am sorry if i sounded rude somewhere. All the best.