Evaluation of Degree - IQAS

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I know many of us have done their marksheet evaluation through WES. But wondering if someone has done through IQAS .

Considering processing time required by WES, IQAS is really fast (20 days). Not sure, how much time, WES is taking these days.

My sister has 1 bachelor degrees and 2 Masters degree. So while sending an application to IQAS, do i need to send 3 applications, or only 1 application to asses all 3 degrees and what about the fees. Do I need to pay only $200 or $600 for 3.

Also, I have got all the transcript from University, so can i send those transcript along with other documents - passport and copy of degree.

Appreciate your kind attention.

Thanks.

Lilix

Apr 2, 2013
lucky07 said:
Hi All,
I know many of us have done their marksheet evaluation through WES. But wondering if someone has done through IQAS .

Considering processing time required by WES, IQAS is really fast (20 days). Not sure, how much time, WES is taking these days.

My sister has 1 bachelor degrees and 2 Masters degree. So while sending an application to IQAS, do i need to send 3 applications, or only 1 application to asses all 3 degrees and what about the fees. Do I need to pay only $200 or $600 for 3.

Also, I have got all the transcript from University, so can i send those transcript along with other documents - passport and copy of degree.

Thanks.
1 application for all 3 degrees, therefore 1 fee only. :)

The universities/institutions should be sending the transcripts, they should not be sent by the applicant actually. Maybe they changed it recently, but when I sent, they only accepted transcripts sent directly from the university.
To be honest, what I did, since my university would use the cheapest mail option which would take forever to reach canada, I asked them to seal the envelope, stamp and sign it, then my mother (she still lives in my home country, whereas I don't) got the envelope and took it to the mail post and sent it paying an international express fee that would allow it to arrive in a shorter timeframe. It worked well.

Hope it helps!

Lilix

Apr 2, 2013
lucky07 said:
Hi All,

Thanks.
Then, from my end, I sent the other documents, like passport copy, proof of name change and translations of all transcripts + copies of degrees/diplomas.

Reactions: Chenna_g

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lilix said:
1 application for all 3 degrees, therefore 1 fee only. :)

The universities/institutions should be sending the transcripts, they should not be sent by the applicant actually. Maybe they changed it recently, but when I sent, they only accepted transcripts sent directly from the university.
To be honest, what I did, since my university would use the cheapest mail option which would take forever to reach canada, I asked them to seal the envelope, stamp and sign it, then my mother (she still lives in my home country, whereas I don't) got the envelope and took it to the mail post and sent it paying an international express fee that would allow it to arrive in a shorter timeframe. It worked well.

Hope it helps!
Hi Lilix,
Thanks for sharing info. I do have couple of question -
1. Did you download transcript request form for University. And did University sign the form and shared it with them (IQAS).
2. I do have signed/sealed envelop from University. My university does not entertain such request, if they do, it is going to take time like forever, so i have got inperson report after 6 months of follow up/every month visit to university. So i am thinking if i need to attach transcript request form.
3. Do you have IQAS email id so that i can check with them.

Thanks again for your help.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
lucky07 said:
Hi All,

Thanks.

iqas is now taking a month.
for u send all doc's together masters included
your sister send her docs separately.

They send acknowledge of receipt after 3 working days

assessment after a month and then a hard copy comes through mail.

transcript should be sealed as you get them from university don't open the document u r sending to iqas.
order a separate transcript from uni for yourself.

comparing wes to iqas. I will always go for iqas.
however just one thing you cannot track the status of your application.

esumitkumar

Apr 19, 2012
I am also thinking of getting my degree evaluated by IQAS

So I need to send only

1. Degree copy from my side + Passport copy...My full name in passport is Sumit Kumar Gupta while in degree its Sumit Kumar..so will passport copy work as name change document ?
2. University send to need transcript from their side (take them from sealed envelope and will send myself)

Could anybody confirm pls
TIA