+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EUROPE TRIP COMPLETED with RTD and NO PR

meera8904

Sep 30, 2020
Hi guys I want to write this thread to help those genuine people who really want to travel with Rtd.when I check the canada visa forum website i saw its very helpful but mostly people just make assumptions and false statements. I recently completed my Europe trip,I got france visa but I fly to frankfurt Germany ( direct Flight) with air canada very smooth process nobody ask anything in Toronto and frankfurt as well. In frankfurt i intentionally don't show my visa just give RTD to border control he dont check my visa ( it means germany dont need visa as everybody know) they ask only one question do you have a return ticket i said yes.thats it.i visit italy, france, norway, and the czech republic. nothing happen but sometimes when you enter like norway they ask my RTD and tbh they treat me like a canadian.
In return flight not a single question asked in frankfurt and in Toronto.I dont have a PR so only one thing make sure during travel outside canada to secure your RTD in a safe place otherwise you can stuck in another country.
all countries in Schengen accept RTD even all Scandinavian but you should have a Schengen visa which you can easily get from any schengen embassy like france( easiest option)I recommend to get visa and freely travel.
as well as for your information the italy and germnay no need a visa but you need direct flight. France 100% you need a visa.
have safe travel.

SingIt

Sep 10, 2021
Thank you so much, this is helpful. I am glad you enjoyed your trip. How did you get the french visa? I kept looking on the procedure online, but their website was not working properly.

Amin.hope

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
thanks for your experience to sharing in here. I have a question, if someone have only PR but not passport can that person travel to the U.S without visa or RTD?

InSearchOfHappiness

May 21, 2022
Hi guys I want to write this thread to help those genuine people who really want to travel with Rtd.when I check the canada visa forum website i saw its very helpful but mostly people just make assumptions and false statements. I recently completed my Europe trip,I got france visa but I fly to frankfurt Germany ( direct Flight) with air canada very smooth process nobody ask anything in Toronto and frankfurt as well. In frankfurt i intentionally don't show my visa just give RTD to border control he dont check my visa ( it means germany dont need visa as everybody know) they ask only one question do you have a return ticket i said yes.thats it.i visit italy, france, norway, and the czech republic. nothing happen but sometimes when you enter like norway they ask my RTD and tbh they treat me like a canadian.
In return flight not a single question asked in frankfurt and in Toronto.I dont have a PR so only one thing make sure during travel outside canada to secure your RTD in a safe place otherwise you can stuck in another country.
all countries in Schengen accept RTD even all Scandinavian but you should have a Schengen visa which you can easily get from any schengen embassy like france( easiest option)I recommend to get visa and freely travel.
as well as for your information the italy and germnay no need a visa but you need direct flight. France 100% you need a visa.
have safe travel.
Thank you so much for sharing this great experience! One question: what is the validity of French Schengen visa? Is it a multiple entry visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks for your experience to sharing in here. I have a question, if someone have only PR but not passport can that person travel to the U.S without visa or RTD?
You need a passport or RTD. Those 2 are similar and are travel identity documents. An RTD is not similar to a visa. As already mentioned you also need a US visa.

meera8904

Sep 30, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing this great experience! One question: what is the validity of French Schengen visa? Is it a multiple entry visa?
It depend up to the embassy as well as how many days you want to stay.Maximum you can stay in schengen 90 days.If you want to visit schengen for 1 month they will give you a visa for around 40 days ( margin time) but it is not necessary they can give you 6 month as well and you can stay 90 days within 6 month period.
For the multiple entry when you fill the form there is an option which visa you want single entry or multiple its up to you

Reactions: InSearchOfHappiness

InSearchOfHappiness

May 21, 2022
It depend up to the embassy as well as how many days you want to stay.Maximum you can stay in schengen 90 days.If you want to visit schengen for 1 month they will give you a visa for around 40 days ( margin time) but it is not necessary they can give you 6 month as well and you can stay 90 days within 6 month period.
For the multiple entry when you fill the form there is an option which visa you want single entry or multiple its up to you
Awesome! Thank you so much! As RTD has a validity of two years I assume it really makes no difference if it is 6 months or more than a year unless you want to travel frequently within two years.

Reactions: meera8904

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone, today was my hearing and i. Got positive decision. I wanted to know when can i apply for RTD
Once you have your NOD you can apply for your RTD. You should receive the NOD by mail in 2 weeks to a few months. Do not book any flights until you have received your RTD.