+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Europe residency on RTD

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hi.
Did anyone got Europe residence visa on RTD? I am getting married with person who is in Spain. I can get visit visa but what about residence visa. He spoke with lawyer there they dont know anything about RTD. They are asking home country passport which I dont have. Even if i take it i have to renew it.

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Is your future spouse an EU citizen? If yes are you joining him/her in their home country? Because immigration options are different depending on his/her situation, but in general getting long stay visa/permit is possible on a RTD

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can you please give reference where it is mentioned?
Really depends on what you want to do with your status in Canada. Are you a PR yet? Also depends on whether your spouse has status in Spain and what status. If your spouse is not an EU citizen then you really need to be consulting a lawyer in Spain. In general for RTD holders most are limited to a certain time period visiting a country which can vary from a few weeks to 6 months. Your ability to remain in a country may also depend on your ties to Canada like whether you are currently employed, your savings, whether you have a home in Canada, etc.

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Is your future spouse an EU citizen? If yes are you joining him/her in their home country? Because immigration options are different depending on his/her situation, but in general getting long stay visa/permit is possible on a RTD
Yes he is citizen. But he is not planning to settle in Canada as he has business there so I have to move.

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Really depends on what you want to do with your status in Canada. Are you a PR yet? Also depends on whether your spouse has status in Spain and what status. If your spouse is not an EU citizen then you really need to be consulting a lawyer in Spain. In general for RTD holders most are limited to a certain time period visiting a country which can vary from a few weeks to 6 months. Your ability to remain in a country may also depend on your ties to Canada like whether you are currently employed, your savings, whether you have a home in Canada, etc.
I am on PR. I am employed.