+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eta

Phil davies

Jan 8, 2020
Hi. My application for an Eta has been declined. The reason given is that I don’t need one as I’m a dual UK/Canadian citizen. This is correct but I’ve never held a Canadian passport. I did have a Canadian citizenship card but I’ve miss placed it. ip
I’m being advised that I may not be able to fly without a Canadian passport. I do still have my landed immigrant status documentation. Can you advise pleas?
Many thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi. My application for an Eta has been declined. The reason given is that I don’t need one as I’m a dual UK/Canadian citizen. This is correct but I’ve never held a Canadian passport. I did have a Canadian citizenship card but I’ve miss placed it. ip
I’m being advised that I may not be able to fly without a Canadian passport. I do still have my landed immigrant status documentation. Can you advise pleas?
Many thanks
You will need to apply for the Canadian passport. Your landed immigrant information will not be of any use to you for travel.
The other alternative is to cross the USA land border with sufficient information to confirm your identity as a Canadian citizen, eg Citizenship Certificate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/dual-canadian-citizens-visit-canada.html

Reactions: k.h.p.

Phil davies

Jan 8, 2020
Thanks. I don’t have time to get a passport but I could possibly get special authorisation visa from 10 days before the flight.
I do find it daft though that a non citizen has less of a problem getting in than a citizen without a passport

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. I don’t have time to get a passport but I could possibly get special authorisation visa from 10 days before the flight.
I do find it daft though that a non citizen has less of a problem getting in than a citizen without a passport
A passport can be issued within days and likely faster than the facilitation visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I need to provide proof of citizenship to get a passport. I’ve mislaid mine and it takes months to get
In that case your only option is to fly to the US (rather than direct to Canada) and to enter Canada through a US/Canadian land border crossing.