+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA needed

Sep 7, 2016
This has probably been asked before, but it has been a while since I have been on the message board. I now have my COPR and will be entering Canada in February. Coming from a visa exempt country, do I also need to apply for a ETA before I leave?

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
marcoenglandini said:
This has probably been asked before, but it has been a while since I have been on the message board. I now have my COPR and will be entering Canada in February. Coming from a visa exempt country, do I also need to apply for a ETA before I leave?
No you dont.

Read this link here for more information "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1184&top=16"

Good luck and congratulations!

Reactions: _Leandro_

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
hsinxh said:
yes you do now.

New entry requirement now in effect

Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.
so you didnt check the above official link to the CIC website which clearly states if you have a COPR you do not need an ETA ? In case you missed it https://www.hciottawa.ca/view_detail.php?id=11199 The COPR acts in effect as a PR card for initial travel pending getting the actual PR card

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
hsinxh said:
yes you do now.

New entry requirement now in effect

Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.
Please just search before saying this! you could completely change someones plans!!

Thanks

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
omarimam said:
Please just search before saying this! you could completely change someones plans!!

Thanks
my bad, i have removed my post