+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA for Canada from the UK - Additional documents - Could not submit on time

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Hi,

I have family visiting from the UK (they are British citizens. My uncle, aunt, and my cousin). My aunt and my cousin got their ETA approvals in less than a day. However, my uncle was requested to submit a police clearance certificate (or whatever it is called in the UK). The processing for the PCC took longer than the time allotted for submission. Therefore, to request an extension, he submitted a request letter using the upload link provided in the ETA application portal.

Now it's a day past the deadline, and he has the PCC. The problem is, the upload link that was in the portal has now vanished (because he used it once to upload the extension request letter). They are hoping to fly on June 9th.

What is the best path forward:
Option 1: Reapply for the ETA and if asked for the PCC, he will have it ready.
Option 2: Wait for IRCC to get back to him. Seems risky considering how slow they are known to be.
Option 3: Any suggestions?

Any help or insight is much appreciated.

Thank you!

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Thank you! Taking your advice and just reapplying. I don't feel like there should be any restrictions on multiple applications. I told my uncle to attach an explanation letter in the same pdf. Hopefully, that does it.

I will update how it goes in case anyone else needs the info.