+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA for about-to-be Permanent Residents

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by marnot, Nov 4, 2019.

  1. Hi, I received PR confirmation 2 months ago and I will soon leave for Canada [I applied outland].
    Do I still need to apply for an ETA to enter Canada? I don’t have a PR card nor a PR resident travel document but only the letter of Confirmation of Permanent Resident with me.


  2. If you are visa-exempt, the issue of the COPR should be accompanied by an automated eTA creation. You should not be required to apply for a separate eTA.
  3. Yes, I am from a Visa exempt country [Italy]. Could you provide more info about an automated ETA? Thanks!
  4. marnot likes this.
  5. Hi, I live in Rwanda again and I want to move to Canada, I need your help because job is no longer available here in our continent, reason why in need to travel .

Share This Page