+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eTA deadline extended six months . . . BUT

Confused in Toronto

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Confused in Toronto said:
After couriering an application for a multiple entry TD last week, I just received notice from the London Visa Office that they are returning my passport. It should be here within a day or two. I will let you know whether I was granted a single or multiple entry TD. Free of charge ;)
Received my passport back today. 1 day of processing in London, so I cannot complain about their speed. Was granted a multiple entry PRTD for 2.5 years. Relieved that I do not have to repeat this exercise for another 2 years! :)

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Received my passport back today. 1 day of processing in London, so I cannot complain about their speed. Was granted a multiple entry PRTD for 2.5 years. Relieved that I do not have to repeat this exercise for another 2 years! :)
Thank you for the report as to how this turned out. Glad to see it went well.

I suspected the process for obtaining a PR TD by clearly qualified PRs is not usually nearly so onerous as it has been made out to be (obviously it will be difficult in some circumstances, especially in some countries, and relative to some particular PRs).

This is, after all, what will be mandatory, no slipping past the gates, in the not-so-distant future.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
So happy to hear that everything worked out so well! This 2.5 year document indeed makes things much easier!

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Is that how long your passport has left on it's validity?

See, they haven't let you fall through the cracks :p The $50 covers the cost of printing and someone going through your application, and you are welcome to travel back and forth to the country :)

Confused in Toronto

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
My passport is good until 2023, so they could have given me a longer visa. I'm not sure what the logic was there.

The application fee - 50 dollars - is reasonable. The problem is that I had to pay an additional 150 dollars in handling charges from the CVAC and for sending the passport back and forth because there is no visa office where I live. It all adds up...and wouldn't have been fun to do every time I plan a trip to Canada. Fortunately, I don't have to for the next 2.5 years! Happy days!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
The application fee . . . an additional 150 dollars in handling charges . . . It all adds up!
Indeed.

For everything. Basic television, internet, and water now costs as much, it seems, as I used to pay for rent, in total.

I understand that those personal activity monitoring devices (measuring heart rate, steps taken, estimated calories burned, and so on) are really prototypes for what will become mandatory for everyone so that we can be charged a fee for every breath we take.

Just kidding.

Still . . .