+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA - Change of Name

PaulaB

May 19, 2019
Hi gang,
I am planning to visit Canada in September, 2019. Thus I will need an ETA. My passport is valid, and is in my new name. Also, the UK Government is aware of the domestic assaults that made my name change necessary. I am concerned that my change of name in 2016 will cause problems with my application approval.

Please Advise,

Thanks,

Paula.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Not sure anyone here can advise other than to suggest to apply now and answer any questions if any about previous names you have been known by honestly. This would be much same as anyone would do for example if they had changed name through marriage who doesnt as far as aware need to show a marriage or birth certificate simply for an ETA application. Your passport name after all is what your ETA will be registered against and travel with so personally cannot see any issue but in applying now at least you will either get a response within 72 hours or be asked for additional info, after all ETA is valid for 5 years and only costs 7CDN..

PaulaB

May 19, 2019
Not sure anyone here can advise other than to suggest to apply now and answer any questions if any about previous names you have been known by honestly. This would be much same as anyone would do for example if they had changed name through marriage who doesnt as far as aware need to show a marriage or birth certificate simply for an ETA application. Your passport name after all is what your ETA will be registered against and travel with so personally cannot see any issue but in applying now at least you will either get a response within 72 hours or be asked for additional info, after all ETA is valid for 5 years and only costs 7CDN..
Good thinking.
Thanks.