+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Estimating how many people are ahead of you in the pool

Silence89

Jan 1, 2015
So I made some VERY ROUGH calculations to do so.
The idea is simple, i checked how many people got actual invitations so far (~4050) and devided that by how many of these people had added their scores to the spreadsheet (80) and i got (~50).
So, as an average, for everyone who added himself/herself to the spreadsheet, there are 50 other people who hadn't.
Again, this is a very rough estimation, I am not an expert or anything.

for example, I have about 400 people ahead of me in the spreadsheet, so i expect the actual number is (400*50) which is 20,000.
This number might be less than that, assuming that the people with very high scores are less likely to add themselves to the SS, Because an invitation for them is guaranteed.

would love to hear your thoughts and opposing opinions.

rayhan0701

Apr 13, 2011
Silence89 said:
So I made some VERY ROUGH calculations to do so.
The idea is simple, i checked how many people got actual invitations so far (~4050) and devided that by how many of these people had added their scores to the spreadsheet (80) and i got (~50).
So, as an average, for everyone who added himself/herself to the spreadsheet, there are 50 other people who hadn't.
Again, this is a very rough estimation, I am not an expert or anything.

for example, I have about 400 people ahead of me in the spreadsheet, so i expect the actual number is (400*50) which is 20,000.
This number might be less than that, assuming that the people with very high scores are less likely to add themselves to the SS, Because an invitation for them is guaranteed.

would love to hear your thoughts and opposing opinions.

What spreadsheet? can you provide the link.

rubyracer

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Your estimation is based on the assumption that the distribution of scores in the spreadsheet and those who applied for EOI is approximately same. This is most likely not true..

Silence89

Jan 1, 2015
rubyracer said:
Your estimation is based on the assumption that the distribution of scores in the spreadsheet and those who applied for EOI is approximately same. This is most likely not true..
Nice point.
I already hinted to that when I said "This number might be less than that, assuming that the people with very high scores are less likely to add themselves to the SS, Because an invitation for them is guaranteed."
Statistically, this deviation will be reduced as time passes and more invitations get issued.
After each draw round, This number "50" will change and get closer to the real one.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
i dont think canada want to loss such a great analysts in the form.. 8) 8) 8)

Silence89

Jan 1, 2015
So, For some reason I cannot modify the Original Post :-X

New Sixth Draw Update

The new Correction factor is (5687/173) = 32.87