+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Estimated waiting time for each Provincial Nomination Programs?

kemperguitar

Feb 24, 2016
Hey guys...

There are about 10 PN Programs now.

Do you guys have any info about each of them's estimated waiting time? (2016)

I would love to see which one I can try and get the result in the shortest amount of time.

Honestly, I don't care which state I should go for getting PR.

Thanks

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kemperguitar said:
Hey guys...

There are about 10 PN Programs now.

Do you guys have any info about each of them's estimated waiting time? (2016)

I would love to see which one I can try and get the result in the shortest amount of time.

Honestly, I don't care which state I should go for getting PR.

Thanks
You can check spreadsheets for actual time lines on this forum. I would suggest you to be patient. It will take 8 months to 1 year for you to get Visa. Explore career prospects and job outlooks and chose the province accordingly.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kemperguitar said:
Thanks a lot.

Where can I find that Excel spreadsheet?
I would love to see it....
It looks like some PNP are taking longer than LMIA.
LMIA is not the longest, but certainly the hardest. Getting a job is already hard in many parts of Canada. getting a job that nobody wants from an employer willing to go through this shitstorm is extremely difficult.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
I am all for restricting foreigners getting jobs and have a system of putting Canadian first even the change in CEC burns me in my face. But this LMIA process is so stupidly difficult that made Canadian employers, instead of hiring Canadian, not hiring at all. Which hurts Canada's economy and more importantly, Canadians.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kemperguitar said:
Exactly. I feel that this LMIA is from a person of lower-than-average intelligence.
A smarter government official will not come up with this kind of wasteful program.

The most stupid part of my life is explaining this stupid LMIA to an employer and asking for a big excuse.

This is something that should show up on a comedy movie... hahaha
"Excuse me sir, would you please check if I can pass labor assessment? you should wait two months for that sir."
"If you haven't done so, would you please put an ad on job bank site for one month to prove that there's no other guy?"
If you say this, you will not get any phone call the next day.
I get a feel that it's sensible in lower skilled jobs where labours are really commodities, as harsh as it sounds. Most notably McD burger flipper and Tim horton cashier. If there's no Canadian in the area wants a job like this, it's fair for them to find people outside Canada. It makes no difference in their quality of service. Except it was easily exploitable to the detriment of job security of Canadian workers and promote unethical business practices

Applying that to higher skilled or technical jobs sounds totally stupid. Companies are forced to hire a less desirable worker simply because the best one is not a Canadian. Even if the candidate is eligible for an LMIA, most company can't afford the extra down time, or simply don't wants to go through with the process.