+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Estimated Time Check: PR Sponsorship for Spouse (Outside of Canada)

kedar9

May 27, 2018
Hi,

I am a Canadian PR and I sent a paper application to sponsor PR for my spouse who's outside of Canada.
I sent the application in August 2020.

We received a notification to take Physical exam and she got the check-up done in Feb 2021.

But since then, we have not received any update from them.

Has anyone recently completed the sponsorship process for spouse or family member who's outside of Canada? How long did it take?

My understanding is that they have to process the application sooner so that she can land in Canada within one year of her medical check-up.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am a Canadian PR and I sent a paper application to sponsor PR for my spouse who's outside of Canada.
I sent the application in August 2020.

We received a notification to take Physical exam and she got the check-up done in Feb 2021.

But since then, we have not received any update from them.

Has anyone recently completed the sponsorship process for spouse or family member who's outside of Canada? How long did it take?

My understanding is that they have to process the application sooner so that she can land in Canada within one year of her medical check-up.
No they don't have to process within a year of the medical although it is common. You can always be asked for a second medical or the VO can extend the validity of the 1st medical.