+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Estimated Processing time has passed

Marimoo82

Jul 7, 2020
I have not had a decision on my TRV application (outside of Canada/immediate family) and the processing time that I was given has passed. I realize it is an estimate but would like to know how I can inquire now that the date for processing has passed.

MOHAMAD11

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
I have not had a decision on my TRV application (outside of Canada/immediate family) and the processing time that I was given has passed. I realize it is an estimate but would like to know how I can inquire now that the date for processing has passed.
You can reach the VO by webform and ask you for more details why your application has delay.

Reactions: Marimoo82

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
HI

1. Visitor visas are not exactly a priority these days.
Since permanent residency applications are going nowhere, I wonder what is? They should be issuing special temporary resident visas.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Since permanent residency applications are going nowhere, I wonder what is? They should be issuing special temporary resident visas.
Seems like you applied in March to sponsor your spouse. You haven’t even come close to meeting the 1 year mark. There is a reluctance to issue lots of extra visas because nobody will have covid coverage so if a visitor gets sick Canadian taxpayers will pay the cost of care and having more people enter Canada comes with the risk of bringing covid with them. There have been recent returnees who have tested positive during quarantine but may have passed on covid to other travellers, airline/airport staff, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Even if it is meant for reunion?
Yes TRVs for spouses and parents still need to qualify for a TRV and need to show their strong ties to their home country. They aren’t a priority because any travel will be potentially bringing the virus to Canada and visitors are not able to purchase travel medical coverage that covers covid so the cost could end up being paid by Canadian taxpayers. Visitors are still visitors and the travel is still not essential.