+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Essential worker stuck in India, waiting for visa approval- 7 months

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Any one in the same situation? Or does any one know how to get this resolved? applied in gc key account.
You have have a work permit and are waiting for TRV? When did you apply for TRV and where? You can raise a webform but will not get a response. There is no expedited processing so you need to wait for a response.

Sath2424

Nov 20, 2021
Hi, If your visa has expired and you came to visit India, assuming that you have a valid work/study permit and just require stamping to reenter Canada, I found the information: Re-apply via GC key for visitor visa, put your current address as India. There are couple people in forum who applied in Nov 2021 & got stamped in Dec 2021. Re-apply, don't wait. I have applied Jan 10th and will update you.

nitwooff

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Hi, If your visa has expired and you came to visit India, assuming that you have a valid work/study permit and just require stamping to reenter Canada, I found the information: Re-apply via GC key for visitor visa, put your current address as India. There are couple people in forum who applied in Nov 2021 & got stamped in Dec 2021. Re-apply, don't wait. I have applied Jan 10th and will update you.
Hi @Sath2424 I am in a similar situation .. I came to India post my WP extension and my TRV expired during my stay in India and WP too 2 weeks back and couldn’t travel . I got my extension of WP approved 4 days back and looking to find a way to apply TRV from India and travel back asap for resuming employment. Any guidance how to proceed . My WP extension was filed by my company attorneys

Sath2424

Nov 20, 2021
Hi @Sath2424 I am in a similar situation .. I came to India post my WP extension and my TRV expired during my stay in India and WP too 2 weeks back and couldn’t travel . I got my extension of WP approved 4 days back and looking to find a way to apply TRV from India and travel back asap for resuming employment. Any guidance how to proceed . My WP extension was filed by my company attorneys
You need a copy of your new work permit or the approval/authorisation letter as far as I know. This is to be attached with your application in India.

nitwooff

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
You need a copy of your new work permit or the approval/authorisation letter as far as I know. This is to be attached with your application in India.
And you are saying the application needs to be done via Gc key ( assuming it’s the same place from where my company lawyer had filed for my WP extension ) and not via the new TRv portal which people nowadays talk about ?

nitwooff

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
also can you guide me towards the threads ( name or link of such threads) where I can keep myself update and posted on trv application & timeline from India via Gckey

Sath2424

Nov 20, 2021
Reactions: Naveen thomas

Naveen thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Thank you all for your input
Thank you for your input, i shall re apply today.