+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ESL Programs & Student Visa

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Hello,
I would like to take ESL (English as Second Language) courses in Canada to pursue my academic education more further. As far as I know that getting a student visa for less than 6 months ESL course is not necessity, as you will gain an ordinary visitor’s visa.
Now, If I would take a course for more than 6 months “say one-year”… what is the best university that provide ESL courses with suitable prices? and is it guaranteed to gain student-visa with ESL courses? How to persuade the Visa Officer that I want ESL course for academic purposes?
Thank You,

Reactions: Ameer am

mithun.togari

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
hi Haritha...

Rather than applying for only ESL there are programs that include ESL. the course should be related to ur previous study n Experience if ur Working, there are many colleges n good universities in Ontario, it's upto u that which place u want to go. for international students for one year Course will cost upto $10,000-$12,000 CAD. if u have written IELTS u should have atleast 6.5( 6.0 in each ) to get admission IELTS is compulsory. There is no Guarantee about the Visa it's all about Proper Documentation and Choosing Proper Course, u have to Prepare SOP( Statement of Purpose ) stating that ur studies is related to ur course n why u wana take this course n We have to Leave the Rest to Visa Officer.

As much as i know i have Given u the information, let's see wat's other Guys have to say...

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
Why do you wanna spend so much money on esl courses?

I mean in Pakistan I can buy 100 Hollywood movies at a low cost like $30. If I watch one movie daily, my English will improve drastically. Apart from this, you have got YouTube videos to watch.

Visa officer will question about your true intentions.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Hello,
guys you got me wrong...

I want to take ESL courses to avoid IELTS exam and then after I finish the ESL courses, I apply for other courses related to my former studies
I cannot pass Academic IELTS easily. And, as you finish ESL courses successfully, you will be able to apply for courses related to your former studies without the need of IELTS test, since you have an ESL certificate...

Any more advices or suggestions?

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Dudes, I don't want IELTS, I want ESL to avoid the IELTS and then I can be able to apply for academic courses related to my former studies!

mithun.togari

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
hey haritha..

IELTS is College Admission Requirement, so there r less chances to get admission or VISA...u have to look for colleges which accept without IELTS. u can write IELTS general it is easy one...why IELTS ? to prove that u can communicate in english that's all.

vijayram001

Jan 12, 2018
India
student visa without ielts instead of take 'esl with pg diploma' program.
I am planing to apply pg diploma intake Sep 2018 with ESL intake July 2018.
What are the possibilities to get a visa?
Minimum ESL program length?

Amalfi

Nov 17, 2017
Dudes, I don't want IELTS, I want ESL to avoid the IELTS and then I can be able to apply for academic courses related to my former studies!
If you would like to attend ESL classes, you should achieve at least CLB 7 in all 4 language skills in order to qualify to a program at the college. These are the requirements for Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario.

keenobserver

Aug 16, 2018
I am planing to apply pg diploma intake Sep 2018 with ESL intake July 2018.
Hello vijayram001..
What about your status?
i have the same case as you. Applied to humber college for project management, and to avoid IELTS, got offer letter for ESL programe.

Datta reddy

Aug 17, 2018
I am planning to apply pg diploma intake Sep 2018 with ESL intake July 2018.
Hello Vijay,

I need more info on this becoz I have low IELTS score, So planning for ESL programme will that help me to get VISA to Canada...??

Abed Ali

Jan 7, 2019
Dear Sir

Currently I'm in Kitchener city, Ontario on visit visa

If if take ESL courses with study permit and after finishing this course, can I take diploma in any public colleges(SPP) without ielts.
Please guide me

Prem reddy

May 8, 2019
I got an offer from University of Regina for esl course and diploma of business Administration,I want to the visa success rate