+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Errors in the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR)

masterpeace

Mar 23, 2012
Hi,

I just received my passport back with a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR) document.

However, I noticed that the "Place of Birth" field is missing the last letter. I don't know if this is the limitation of their system or what. With the missing last letter, the "Place of Birth" in the document is 12 characters long.

My 2nd concern is on the "Orig. entry date" field. My very first entry to Canada was in 2004, and I clearly stated that on my application. However, the CPR shows that my "Orig. entry date" to be the same as my "Last entry date", which is January 2013.

Are these actually errors made by CIC, or they are supposed to be like that?
I want to make sure everything is correct in the CPR document before I actually go to the border and "land".

Thanks for your help!

jmm1979

Mar 8, 2012
Sorry I can't help you as I have been waiting 9 wks now since I paid my RPRF. I have a question for you, how long did it take for your COPR letter to come after you paid your landing fee. Also, does it come in regular mail?
Any help appreciated.

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
masterpeace said:
Hi,

I just received my passport back with a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR) document.

However, I noticed that the "Place of Birth" field is missing the last letter. I don't know if this is the limitation of their system or what. With the missing last letter, the "Place of Birth" in the document is 12 characters long.

My 2nd concern is on the "Orig. entry date" field. My very first entry to Canada was in 2004, and I clearly stated that on my application. However, the CPR shows that my "Orig. entry date" to be the same as my "Last entry date", which is January 2013.

Are these actually errors made by CIC, or they are supposed to be like that?
I want to make sure everything is correct in the CPR document before I actually go to the border and "land".

Thanks for your help!
Hi there,

I did my landing last week. the officer asked me questions if i verified the document and I ensured that all info were correct, asking as well if tthere were typo in the COPR. Mine is okay so nothing to change. I think if you have errors, just mention to the immigration officer at the border and they should be able to fix it or escalate before it gets print to your PR card.

hope that helps.

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
rosty2 said:
Hi there,

I did my landing last week. the officer asked me questions if i verified the document and I ensured that all info were correct, asking as well if tthere were typo in the COPR. Mine is okay so nothing to change. I think if you have errors, just mention to the immigration officer at the border and they should be able to fix it or escalate before it gets print to your PR card.

hope that helps.
If you do this, do bring proof with you, for example, copy of original application form, entry stamps on your passport, etc, to show that it's their mistake, not yours.

masterpeace

Mar 23, 2012
@ jmm1979: I mailed my passport on March 20 (I believe I paid the fee on the same day) and then I got my passport back and COPR around April 12. So it's about 3 weeks. My passport and CoPR was delivered using the prepaid envelope I sent along with my passport. Did you get a passport request yet?

Congrats, rosty2!

Thanks everyone for your help.

jmm1979

Mar 8, 2012
As I am visa exempt I didn't have to send my passport. Just a copy along with bio data form and receipt of paying RPRF. They didn't ask for a prepaid envelope so I'm not sure how I will receive the letter. 9 wks just seems like a long time when the status online says decision made.

masterpeace

Mar 23, 2012
If the status already says "Decision has been made" and you haven't received anything within 2 weeks since that status was changed, you should contact your processing office. Remember to reference your application number, client ID (if you have any), full name and date of birth. That's what I have to provide when making any contact with the processing office. Good luck!

masterpeace

Mar 23, 2012
Does anyone else have the same date for both "Original entry date" and "Last entry date" in the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document? I'm wondering if this is normal. THanks.

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
masterpeace said:
Does anyone else have the same date for both "Original entry date" and "Last entry date" in the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document? I'm wondering if this is normal. THanks.
hey, did you get this fixed? I had the same issue. I sent it back about 10 days ago and have not received a corrected version.
Any updates?

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have the exact same thing. I came to Canada 2009 but they put original entry date same as last entry date... Please update if it needs to be changed.

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
jenny12345 said:
Have the exact same thing. I came to Canada 2009 but they put original entry date same as last entry date... Please update if it needs to be changed.
I noticed it right now that in my CPR Last Entry: Last Entry date: Orig. entry date:, all three columns are Blank.
& I am already Landed.. 8)
As long as they filled column Became PR on: 2013-07-06, who cares about past dates anymore... ;D :p

Chill guys, Congratulations on becoming Permanent Residence of Canada.. :)

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
jenny12345 said:
Keep your CoPR. I mailed mine back for the exact reason as yours. They called me and said it isn't an issue as it won't prevent me from landing. So, they mailed it back within 2 weeks, unaltered.
i'm going to land with it.

vagrantee

Jul 12, 2013
jenny12345 said:

Hi there, I had the same, so did u correct at border or you send it back? I called call centre and wrote an email to visa office but no one reply. Thx!

mrniceguy3981

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
11-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013 (RPRF/biodata request same day)
Passport Req..
15-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
hi...

I was having the same issue and didn't check the same during my landing. I mailed CIC and they told me to send it back and they will send me new COPR.. but no update after that.. sent another reminder

Sayini

Apr 25, 2019
hi...

I was having the same issue and didn't check the same during my landing. I mailed CIC and they told me to send it back and they will send me new COPR.. but no update after that.. sent another reminder
Hi, could you please give me contact details to of CIC regarding errors in COPR