+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Errors in EOI after receiving ITA

adnan.mohammed

Aug 2, 2017
I am re-posting a question which I had asked in Ray of hope, in a detailed manner here. It was vague there due to the initial shock and sorrow
I have received an ITA (my score 446) and while cross checking my details which were input by the consultant, I found the following errors:

1) Included a job, that shouldn't have been included because I never did that job. . I have around 8 years experience with proper doc's falling under a NOC, she included an extra bit on her own. (Can I delete this extra job post ITA? or should I decine and refile EOI
2) She also selected a wrong NOC for my valid jobs. It should have been 1111 and she selected 4163 for all the jobs that I did.

Now can I proceed and make these two changes? or do I decline and re-file?
Feel NOC can still be amended later on, but deleting the incorrect job experience might raise suspicions and could be a potential ground for rejection.
Wary about declining too, not sure with 446 might get another ITA. If some could give me details on how to fix 'deleting the unnecessary job selected for 2 years, erroneously', could be of great help.

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
You can delete unnecessary work exp from work history after ITA, just move it to the personal history. If you dont claim points for this specific job, dont add it to work history. In this case you dont need ref letters for it. Just make sure you have enough work exp to qualify and fill in everything in personal history. Dont decline ITA.