+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Errors in CoPR

acousticsguy

Aug 29, 2018
Hi Guys,

I applied through EE as a single guy and got married after AOR. Updated my marital status immediately after marriage and uploaded all the documents asked by IRCC for accompanying spouse. Everything went smoothly and we got our CoPRs from the New Delhi, India VO exactly 8 months after AOR. Now the problem is, there is an error in both of our CoPRs.

The Marital Status on my CoPR is Single instead of Married, and on the same page of the document, my wife's name is listed as Accompanying Spouse.

In my wife's CoPR, the marital status is correct, but her eye colour is wrong.

I have emailed this issue to the New Delhi, India VO immediately, however It has been over 10 days and I haven't received any response from them. I even went to the VFS Mumbai, India office and sent them a hand written LoE along with the copies of CoPRs with the errors highlighted.

What should we do in such case? Are we allowed to travel with the CoPRs even if there are errors on it? Or should I wait till I receive an official response from IRCC?

I am kind of in a hurry because my medicals are expiring soon and we need to land before my medicals expire.

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Guys,

I applied through EE as a single guy and got married after AOR. Updated my marital status immediately after marriage and uploaded all the documents asked by IRCC for accompanying spouse. Everything went smoothly and we got our CoPRs from the New Delhi, India VO exactly 8 months after AOR. Now the problem is, there is an error in both of our CoPRs.

The Marital Status on my CoPR is Single instead of Married, and on the same page of the document, my wife's name is listed as Accompanying Spouse.

I have emailed this issue to the New Delhi, India VO immediately, however It has been over 10 days and I haven't received any response from them. I even went to the VFS Mumbai, India office and sent them a hand written LoE along with the copies of CoPRs with the errors highlighted.

What should we do in such case? Are we allowed to travel with the CoPRs even if there are errors on it? Or should I wait till I receive an official response from IRCC?

I am kind of in a hurry because my medicals are expiring soon and we need to land before my medicals expire.

Thanks!
There is nothing to be worried about and it is just a clerical error. You can travel with the COPR and when you land, point this to the CBSA officer who will update it in the system.

Alternatively, you can wait to hear back from IRCC. NDVO is painfully slow, so don't expect a response before 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: acousticsguy

acousticsguy

Aug 29, 2018
There is nothing to be worried about and it is just a clerical error. You can travel with the COPR and when you land, point this to the CBSA officer who will update it in the system.

Alternatively, you can wait to hear back from IRCC. NDVO is painfully slow, so don't expect a response before 2-3 weeks.
Thanks a lot for the reply! I was planning to do the same thing and land there with the current COPR that I have.

But now that I have informed NDVO about the errors and requested for the amendments, my concern is, will there be any problems if they did not reply before I land in Canada? or What if they send me a new COPR? I can bring a printed copy of the email that I have sent to NDVO as well as a copy of the hand written document that I have sent to the office via VFS, Mumbai along with their tracking number and everything.

My fear is refusal of entry into Canada due to incorrect documents. Have you or anyone heard of cases similar to this?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lot for the reply! I was planning to do the same thing and land there with the current COPR that I have.

But now that I have informed NDVO about the errors and requested for the amendments, my concern is, will there be any problems if they did not reply before I land in Canada? or What if they send me a new COPR? I can bring a printed copy of the email that I have sent to NDVO as well as a copy of the hand written document that I have sent to the office via VFS, Mumbai along with their tracking number and everything.

My fear is refusal of entry into Canada due to incorrect documents. Have you or anyone heard of cases similar to this?
If IRCC does respond, which I doubt, they may ask you to return the COPR and issue new ones.

However, in the past many applicants did have similar errors on their COPR and had no issues in landing. Upon landing they pointed this to the CBSA officer, who entered it into the system.

Reactions: acousticsguy

acousticsguy

Aug 29, 2018
UPDATE -

I got an email from NDVO and they asked us to submit our passports and original COPRs again for corrections.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
UPDATE -

I got an email from NDVO and they asked us to submit our passports and original COPRs again for corrections.
Congratulations. Glad this got resolved.

raga25

Mar 19, 2020
Hello friends, I am in a situation where I need some advice, I got my COPR recently and noticed that my marital status is incorrect, I added my spouse after AOR and submitted all necessary documents as requested by IRCC including PCC, medicals and bunch of other docs. She is listed as a dependent on my COPR with a UCI number. However my marital status is listed as single instead of married, looks like a clerical error. Should I get it fixed before landing or it could be fixed during the landing process? Please advise, I'll really appreciate the help.
@canuck_in_uk @legalfalcon - any guidance you can provide on this matter

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello friends, I am in a situation where I need some advice, I got my COPR recently and noticed that my marital status is incorrect, I added my spouse after AOR and submitted all necessary documents as requested by IRCC including PCC, medicals and bunch of other docs. She is listed as a dependent on my COPR with a UCI number. However my marital status is listed as single instead of married, looks like a clerical error. Should I get it fixed before landing or it could be fixed during the landing process? Please advise, I'll really appreciate the help.
Clerical error, no need to fix before landing.

Reactions: raga25

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - any guidance you can provide on this matter

You can land with the COPR as this error will not impede your landing. At the time of landing you can point this error out to the CBSA officer, or after the landing you can get it corrected. COPR is the document that is your proof of your PR status in Canada, and it does not expire. Even though is you do not get it corrected, it won't make a difference, you should get it fixed.

Reactions: raga25

DhavalMaster

Mar 14, 2019
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
Dear acoustic guy , i am in the same situation. What happened to your case .can you please update it.

DhavalMaster

Mar 14, 2019
Hii

I am in the same situation. What happend to your case..i would be landing in calgary..please reply