+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in marital status in COPR

rishabhdec

May 26, 2015
Hello All,

Advice would be highly appreciated.

After a long wait and struggle, I finally received my COPR couple of days back, but there is an error in it. My marital status is divorced whereas it has married written on it. At the time of PR application and document submission, the divorce hadn't been finalized but already filed. So my official marital status then was "Married" with my spouse being non accompanying. I had clearly communicated this to CIC through a letter of explanation uploaded with other checklist documents. Around my 15 days before my PPR the divorce was finalized and I communicated the same using case specific enquiry IRCC - New Dehi Portal

After receiving my PPR to make sure the change is recorded, I even sent a copy of the divorce decree with Passport for stamping. However, after receiving COPR i saw the old marital status being mentioned. In the letter it is clearly mentioned to inform and return COPR in case of such an issue.

Kindly suggest what should I do?
1) I have opened a case enquiry this time on mail IRCC portal and not New Delhi specific.
2) I have email New Delhi Visa Office as well.
3) Sent IMM 100 application along with documents (all photocopies) to Canada.

I was wondering If I should return back original COPR along with PP and marital status change documents to New Delhi VO as well, where the COPR was issued originally?

Thanks in advance

Amansethi86

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Hello All,

Advice would be highly appreciated.

After a long wait and struggle, I finally received my COPR couple of days back, but there is an error in it. My marital status is divorced whereas it has married written on it. At the time of PR application and document submission, the divorce hadn't been finalized but already filed. So my official marital status then was "Married" with my spouse being non accompanying. I had clearly communicated this to CIC through a letter of explanation uploaded with other checklist documents. Around my 15 days before my PPR the divorce was finalized and I communicated the same using case specific enquiry IRCC - New Dehi Portal

After receiving my PPR to make sure the change is recorded, I even sent a copy of the divorce decree with Passport for stamping. However, after receiving COPR i saw the old marital status being mentioned. In the letter it is clearly mentioned to inform and return COPR in case of such an issue.

Kindly suggest what should I do?
1) I have opened a case enquiry this time on mail IRCC portal and not New Delhi specific.
2) I have email New Delhi Visa Office as well.
3) Sent IMM 100 application along with documents (all photocopies) to Canada.

I was wondering If I should return back original COPR along with PP and marital status change documents to New Delhi VO as well, where the COPR was issued originally?

Thanks in advance
Hi..I am on the same boat. Does they change your COPR. Can we change our marital status at border after landing in Canada also. Please guide