+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in document attached for Citizenship application

umadaan

Oct 18, 2021
Hi,

I attached my Drivers license as one of the ID proofs for my citizenship application. The address in the DL was a temporary one since I was on vacation for 2 weeks in Ottawa and gave my driving test there and also put my aunt's address on my license because at that time I was not sure when I was going to go back. This address is also not in my list of places I lived in last 5 years because I was there only for 2 weeks for vacation.
I just realized I attached that old version of my license by mistake instead of my new license containing my current address. Will that be misrepresentation Should I withdraw my application since I have not received an AOR yet?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I attached my Drivers license as one of the ID proofs for my citizenship application. The address in the DL was a temporary one since I was on vacation for 2 weeks in Ottawa and gave my driving test there and also put my aunt's address on my license because at that time I was not sure when I was going to go back. This address is also not in my list of places I lived in last 5 years because I was there only for 2 weeks for vacation.
I just realized I attached that old version of my license by mistake instead of my new license containing my current address. Will that be misrepresentation Should I withdraw my application since I have not received an AOR yet?
This shouldn't be a problem IMO. If you see the need, you can clarify this using a letter of Explanation after you receive your AOR.

umadaan

Oct 18, 2021
This shouldn't be a problem IMO. If you see the need, you can clarify this using a letter of Explanation after you receive your AOR.
Thanks! My background verification and Citizenship test are now complete. However, just got an EMail from them sending front and back of my license as my application only has front of it. I am wondering if I should now provide updated license or that will confuse them as they are already referring to my previous document.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks! My background verification and Citizenship test are now complete. However, just got an EMail from them sending front and back of my license as my application only has front of it. I am wondering if I should now provide updated license or that will confuse them as they are already referring to my previous document.
Provide the document which is valid and do mention that document was renewed