+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in COPR- HELP PLEASE!!!!

zearst123

Jul 29, 2013
Hi Everyone,

After a long wait, I received my Canadian Visa on Feb. 2017 in first week. My application is under Ontario PNP - Skilled Worker. I got married December 2016 and notified CIC through email one month before receiving my Visa Stamp. But when I got my COPR, they had my marriage Status - SINGLE. I did sent my visa and passport within a week after consulting VFS office in INDIA. They mentioned I would get it done within 20-30 days. Its been more than a month now and I have a landing date of 15th May 2017. I am worried if Delhi High Commission would take longer time to correct it even after submitting all valid documents on time. Can anyone guide me what would happen if my due date of landing is past and I still don't receive my Visa and Passport. Is there any way, I can get it done at Airport while landing if I request VFS to call back my passport or any other way to get it done asap.?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
zearst123 said:
Hi Everyone,

After a long wait, I received my Canadian Visa on Feb. 2017 in first week. My application is under Ontario PNP - Skilled Worker. I got married December 2016 and notified CIC through email one month before receiving my Visa Stamp. But when I got my COPR, they had my marriage Status - SINGLE. I did sent my visa and passport within a week after consulting VFS office in INDIA. They mentioned I would get it done within 20-30 days. Its been more than a month now and I have a landing date of 15th May 2017. I am worried if Delhi High Commission would take longer time to correct it even after submitting all valid documents on time. Can anyone guide me what would happen if my due date of landing is past and I still don't receive my Visa and Passport. Is there any way, I can get it done at Airport while landing if I request VFS to call back my passport or any other way to get it done asap.?

Thanks
If your spouse has not completed medical and background checks, you can't travel to Canada for landing. You will have to wait until IRCC have processed your spouse as well.

zearst123

Jul 29, 2013
Hi Zardoz,

Thanks for your reply. But I haven't filed her application yet, as I am planning to do so after I reach in Canada.
My COPR has come it's just that it has that Status change which I did informed CIC before.
I wish to know how long do they take to change the status in my CORP as my landing time is coming closer.

FYI - I have already done my spouse medical as well as criminal check. All the documents are ready and we have asked CIC respond to our request but didn't got reply even after 3 months.
My job in Canada is demanding me to come back soon. So we are processing my application at this point and will file my spouse later.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
zearst123 said:
Hi Zardoz,

Thanks for your reply. But I haven't filed her application yet, as I am planning to do so after I reach in Canada.
My COPR has come it's just that it has that Status change which I did informed CIC before.
I wish to know how long do they take to change the status in my CORP as my landing time is coming closer.

FYI - I have already done my spouse medical as well as criminal check. All the documents are ready and we have asked CIC respond to our request but didn't got reply even after 3 months.
My job in Canada is demanding me to come back soon. So we are processing my application at this point and will file my spouse later.
Some corrections can be made at the time of landing. I don't know if marital status is one of them
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob545-mod.asp

Raise an urgent case specific enquiry to the Visa Office that issued your COPR for clarification on this.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

zardoz said:
Some corrections can be made at the time of landing. I don't know if marital status is one of them
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob545-mod.asp

Raise an urgent case specific enquiry to the Visa Office that issued your COPR for clarification on this.
1, The OP can't "land" is no longer single has to return his COPR to the visa office and add his spouse to the application, If he attempts to "land" without declaring his spouse, she can no longer be sponsored ever. It is quite possible he could be removed in the future for misrepresentation

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
zardoz said:
If your spouse has not completed medical and background checks, you can't travel to Canada for landing. You will have to wait until IRCC have processed your spouse as well.
To the OP.
You may have misunderstood my reply to your question. Your spouse's medical and background checks have to be completed BY IRCC, not just by her. Has this been done? If not, you can't "land"...