+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted

misun song

Jun 3, 2019
What did you do ? Can you please tell.
First, i deleted the application which you could see 'continue an application you haven't submitted' and i started again.
Also downloading the form of the document again and filled out, saved on my computer.
I uploaded all documents such as passport, photo, etc and tried to upload the application form.
Finally!!!! i got the message 'your application was succeeded'

If you have the problem the same as above, please delete everything and try again from the beginning.

Rohit Sharma 0999

May 20, 2019
First, i deleted the application which you could see 'continue an application you haven't submitted' and i started again.
Also downloading the form of the document again and filled out, saved on my computer.
I uploaded all documents such as passport, photo, etc and tried to upload the application form.
Finally!!!! i got the message 'your application was succeeded'

If you have the problem the same as above, please delete everything and try again from the beginning.
didnt work for me. Please help how did you upload it. Has anyone else tried it. Please reply

Reactions: hamiNL

RFK AMR

Jun 3, 2019
Hello every one,
i had the same error and issue, and i just got it resolved. i was trying to use the latest version 06-2019 and it was not able to load the file. but i had another version which i downloaded for paper based visa application version IMM 5257 (02-2019) E - Application for visitor visa (Temporary Resident Visa) and i was able to load this successfully without any issues. so i will suggest you all to use this version (02-2019) instead of (06-2019).

RFK AMR

Jun 3, 2019
Hey guys, I kept receiving the following error message when attempting to upload the study permit form: "Error: We couldn't upload your file. Error Description: Make sure you are using the latest application form from our website.". I was sure I was using the latest version of the form because I downloaded it from the website that day so I knew that was not the issue.

After many, many failed attempts at uploading it (using different browsers, computers, PDF readers...), I finally managed to upload it using the following:
  • A PC (Mac did not work for me),
  • the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader version downloaded
  • using INTERNET EXPLORER - this is key. Internet Edge did not work (neither did Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
Using the above, you will be able to properly open the form on the browser (rather than using the "download link as..." as suggested on forums discussing errors with downloading the form in the first place), then you can fill it in there, validate, then save to the computer. It will save as a PDF but you will not be able to open it on the laptop itself - it will actually be an online PDF, which will open using the internet browser only, but that is ok! Upload this onto the site and it will work! :)
i tried all of this and nothing worked for me. but when i used older version it worked fine. i suggest to use version: IMM 5257 (02-2019) E - Application for visitor visa (Temporary Resident Visa)

malzoubi

Jun 3, 2019
I think CIC fixed it.
If you click now on the form link it will download the IMM 5257 (11-2018) E

Best

Yvano

Jun 3, 2019
Hey guys,
the issue has been solved!
Now the version linked to the application is (11-2018)

just try and tell....

Thanks

hamiNL

Jun 3, 2019
It is not working for me. I also downloaded IMM5257(11-2018) E and it ends up with the same error:

Error: We couldn't upload your file.
  • Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted

hamiNL

Jun 3, 2019
Finally Successful!!! I solved the issue by downloading the form IMM5257 (06-2019) E from this address: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5257e.pdf?
**(note that the question mark should be at the end of the URL to download the (06-2019) version if not it will download the (11-2018) version)**
After filling in the latest version of the form (06-2019). I was able to upload the form successfully.
The (11-2018) version of the form will end up with document version error.

I waste almost two days to just upload an online form. Wasn't paper application faster than online for me? :)

Last edited: