+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Equivalency of LLM degree

advuroojnaqvi

Oct 1, 2019
Hey, I intend to apply for immigration and so preparing my documents to get assessed.. however, before I proceed further I have some confusions which I hope anyone would be able to clear here.. Btw I am from Pakistan..

Here are some points of concern:
1) I have done my Master of Laws (LLM), which is my highest level of education, what will be my equivalency?
2) which is the best service provider for my assessment WES or IQAS?
3) I have done my bachelor's in commerce (BCOM) as well so should I get my bcom degree assessed too?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
An LL.M will be assessed as a Master's degree (assuming that it meets all the requirements, from a proper college, etc.), so you don't need to get an ECA for your Bachelors.

If your LL.M is not recognized as a Master's, but instead as a "Diploma" for some reason (maybe the college isn't recognized), then you may need to get an ECA for your Bachelors so you can get points for two degrees.

As long as your LL.M is from a reputed and large university in Pakistan, you should be OK. You can try searching Google for "LL.M ECA + College Name" and see if others have gotten a Master's ECA from the same college.

advuroojnaqvi

Oct 1, 2019
An LL.M will be assessed as a Master's degree (assuming that it meets all the requirements, from a proper college, etc.), so you don't need to get an ECA for your Bachelors.

If your LL.M is not recognized as a Master's, but instead as a "Diploma" for some reason (maybe the college isn't recognized), then you may need to get an ECA for your Bachelors so you can get points for two degrees.

As long as your LL.M is from a reputed and large university in Pakistan, you should be OK. You can try searching Google for "LL.M ECA + College Name" and see if others have gotten a Master's ECA from the same college.
Thank you.

Can you further give any information on my other two concerns i.e. should I get all of my BCOM, LLB and LLM degrees assessed or just highest degree? And what's best / convenient option for ECA ?