+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Epelispy, last attack held in the year 2005, but minor medication still going on. Can my student visa be refused.

Vickysharma

Apr 6, 2019
I suffered epilepsy attack in the year 2005 and since then I have taking medication i.e. eptoin 100 mg 1 tablet per day. But thereafter not suffered any seizure till today. Will it cause hurdle in my medical for student visa. As I am under medication till today but on a very marginal side. My medical is to be conducted on 20-10-2020. I am a bit stressed kindly help me out.

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
They will ask some general questions such as if u have taken medication for longer time in ur life such as for a period of consecutive two three months..so j have to lie and so No ... otherwise they can ask u to go for more tests as per ur answers..

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
And avoid ur medicine for some days before ur medical ..as many days as u can comfortably ...it's just my advice and u know better about ur disease..

Vickysharma

Apr 6, 2019
They will ask some general questions such as if u have taken medication for longer time in ur life such as for a period of consecutive two three months..so j have to lie and so No ... otherwise they can ask u to go for more tests as per ur answers..
Should I suppress my epilepsy problem and if not then will they refuse or mark any sign of doubt.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
And avoid ur medicine for some days before ur medical ..as many days as u can comfortably ...it's just my advice and u know better about ur disease..
I wouldn't advise someone to avoid taking medication prescribed by their doctor.

@Vickysharma: Their main concern is whether your condition poses a safety risk to others or is excessively expensive to treat. If you haven't had an attack in 15 years and your condition is under control with just one pill a day, then you'll be fine. Relax and act confidently in your answers.

Reactions: ayesha_llk2

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Should I suppress my epilepsy problem and if not then will they refuse or mark any sign of doubt.
If u r really concerned u can have those test from outside to see if everything is ok before going to ircc medical..just search for the test conducted for study visa and get them done from wherever u want ...if everything is alright then go for ur ircc medical ..if not than cancel or reschedule your appointment

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
They will do the following:
1 – take your blood to test for syphilis, aids and one more disease I can't remember the name of
2 – x-ray your lungs
3 – urine test
4 – weight, height, pulse
5 – send you to general doctor for an exam. There they will ask about any surgeries or meds you are currently taking. To speed up the process, I recommend bringing all reports you have about epilepsy. Worst case worst (which will not happen if lungs and other stuff is fine) you will be send for further examination. It can take up to 3 months to finish medicals if so happens. And they did it only because the x-ray for my husband was odd. Eventually he passed, don't worry. And yes, I don't recommend lying

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
I suffered epilepsy attack in the year 2005 and since then I have taking medication i.e. eptoin 100 mg 1 tablet per day. But thereafter not suffered any seizure till today. Will it cause hurdle in my medical for student visa. As I am under medication till today but on a very marginal side. My medical is to be conducted on 20-10-2020. I am a bit stressed kindly help me out.
From what I have heard and read, it should not matter unless it something extremely severe (like something that cannot be controlled) or if it's something contagious like like HIV.

I think you should be fine.

EDIT:
But do reveal your history, don't hide anything. And do mention that it's being controlled through medication and you have not suffered an attack since the last 15 years. They will clearly see that your epilepsy is under control and pass you.

Last edited:
Reactions: janesama

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Go through ur medical without any stress...if u don't have anything such as TB, cancer it's fine ..
That is incorrect. There are many conditions could lead to refusal. Assume kidney disease is the number one reason for refusal. I highly doubt that we’ll controlled seizures will lead to a refusal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
From what I have heard and read, it should not matter unless it something extremely severe (like something that cannot be controlled) or if it's something contagious like like HIV.

I think you should be fine.

EDIT:
But do reveal your history, don't hide anything. And do mention that it's being controlled through medication and you have not suffered an attack since the last 15 years. They will clearly see that your epilepsy is under control and pass you.
Contagious diseases like TB and Hep C usually require treatment in home country before being approved. In most cases HIV patients are approved.

Reactions: lolcocks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
U can suppress it's ok .. ur test report matters they judge u on ur test report results and they don't assume anything
No you should not lie on your application. Misrepresentation can lead to being banned for years. Just be honest. Seizure medication can cause changes in your blood levels so it is best to be honest upfront versus having to explain why you lied after the fact.

Reactions: janesama