+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed

gloryksingh

Mar 5, 2019
Gave biometrics today and got these messages in the evening. Can anyone help understand these?

Visa application, tracking ID No. 2xxxxxx has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 2019-03-06 12:23:22 PM GMT Standard Time for processing.Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,
VFS gloval

Visa application, tracking ID No. 2Xxxxxxxx8 The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at New Delhi OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center New Delhi OC.

Reactions: 72djjjc

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gave biometrics today and got these messages in the evening. Can anyone help understand these?

Visa application, tracking ID No. 2xxxxxx has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 2019-03-06 12:23:22 PM GMT Standard Time for processing.Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,
VFS gloval

Visa application, tracking ID No. 2Xxxxxxxx8 The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at New Delhi OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center New Delhi OC.
What does the Final decision status say?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Application status - we are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information.

So these emails were just auto generated?
The first message was to confirm that your biometrics were sent by VFS Delhi to NDVO.

The second message is for the decision on your visa application. As you applied online but did not receive a passport request, it seems like you have been refused. Hopefully I am wrong about this.

It's best to call VFS Delhi tomorrow and ask if they have received the envelope.

You should also recheck the 'Final decision' status in your online account in the meanwhile

gloryksingh

Mar 5, 2019
Oh
The first message was to confirm that your biometrics were sent by VFS Delhi to NDVO.

The second message is for the decision on your visa application. As you applied online but did not receive a passport request, it seems like you have been refused. Hopefully I am wrong about this.

It's best to call VFS Delhi tomorrow and ask if they have received the envelope.

You should also recheck the 'Final decision' status in your online account in the meanwhile
Oh alright! I don't see what reason will they put for the same...I have valid US/ Schengen visas with multomul entries, have strong ties to my home country..they didn't even ask for my financials or any additional information.

Just curious, they rejected my Visa within just hours of me submitting biometrics? it Or had they made the decision and were just waiting for me to submit biometrics?

Thanks a lot Bryanna.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh alright! I don't see what reason will they put for the same...I have valid US/ Schengen visas with multomul entries, have strong ties to my home country..they didn't even ask for my financials or any additional information.
The visa office will not request for any additional documents. It's only in some cases that they do.

Just curious, they rejected my Visa within just hours of me submitting biometrics? it Or had they made the decision and were just waiting for me to submit biometrics?
We have seen cases where applicants got decisions on the same day after giving their biometrics.

Nonetheless, do wait for the status to change in your online account or else for the decision envelope

yeskayk

Star Member
May 4, 2017
DUBAI
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
12-11-2019
Hey,
I submitted my biometric today noon and this evening i got the ssme messages too.

So u mean first people get passport request then decision envelope mail from vfs !?

Sad ...
If such is the case , I got 3 mails today post my biometric... No change in my profile
Does that mean a rejection!?
Also I applied online...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So u mean first people get passport request then decision envelope mail from vfs !?
VFS is only an intermediary that accepts applications/passports on behalf of IRCC. VFS has no part in the visa decision process.

If someone applied online, s/he would get a passport request if their applications are likely to be approved.... if they are refused they only get a decision envelope, no passport request.

Sad ...
If such is the case , I got 3 mails today post my biometric... No change in my profile
Does that mean a rejection!?
Also I applied online...
It's best to wait for the decision envelope.... or else do check the 'Final decision' status in the online account

yeskayk

Star Member
May 4, 2017
DUBAI
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
12-11-2019
VFS is only an intermediary that accepts applications/passports on behalf of IRCC. VFS has no part in the visa decision process.

If someone applied online, s/he would get a passport request if their applications are likely to be approved.... if they are refused they only get a decision envelope, no passport request.

It's best to wait for the decision envelope.... or else do check the 'Final decision' status in the online account
Hello Bryanna,

Post biometrics today in the evening within a span of 10 mins I got these mails ...

First mail :: dispatch to OC from vac

Sec mail :: envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at vac and will be sent to OC

Third mail :: reveived at oc vac and in transit to ircc office for processing

Super stressed .
I have applied for my mother actually..
So would like to know what next..

Last edited:

yeskayk

Star Member
May 4, 2017
DUBAI
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
12-11-2019
Hello Bryanna,

Post biometrics today in the evening within a span of 10 mins I got these mails ...

Sec mail :: envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at vac and will be sent to OC

Super stressed .

Hello Bryanna,

Super stressed .
So would like to know what next ...

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Hello Bryanna,

Super stressed .
I got these emails as well. I have applied for my mother and father. I hit up VFS global on their chat to clarify what these emails meant. The chat representative told me that the emails meant that my biometrics have been submitted to the Canadian High Comission. And that is all.

Also, for what its worth, my online status on CIC just sent me a request for re-submission of my moms biometrics. So I genuinely think no decision has been made on the application and those emails simply meant that biometrics have been submitted.

My mom has to go and redo biometrics again :( Travel all the way to Delhi again. Ugh.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Bryanna,

Super stressed .
So would like to know what next ...
It would help if IRCC changes the text for these emails to state the correct status.... or better still don't send these emails to the applicant. Simply change the biometric status in the online account to 'Received'.

These emails make it seem like the final decision has been made on the visa application.

Avoidable stress, isn't it?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I got these emails as well. I have applied for my mother and father. I hit up VFS global on their chat to clarify what these emails meant. The chat representative told me that the emails meant that my biometrics have been submitted to the Canadian High Comission. And that is all.
Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully the other two OPs on this thread will be less stressed out now :)

My mom has to go and redo biometrics again :( Travel all the way to Delhi again. Ugh.
Are you sure? Wouldn't VFS staff have known that the biometrics were not okay the first time?

Reactions: Shagupta

WarmWisdom

Mar 6, 2019
Hey guys dont worry AT ALL

Why?

I am a lazy super slow in following my visa application. Main reason is- I am not as net-savvy as most other people now a days.. so I have to ask somebody to go log in to my account & decipher things for me.. (as I do not want to make a mistake doing it myself) also not desperate to get canadian visa.. as in that case I would roam US & other central American countries rather than Canada if I do not get Canafian visa.

So.. I thought I would get notification by mail or SMS after my biometrics.. & forgot about it..

I received the sane SMS from VFS & mail from canada govt office as you guys. The mail said something like- "your application is processing normally"
It also mentioned that tbere are a lot of applicants so it might take a few days...

Now- my freind who used to check for updates onlinechecked it out of curiosity 4 days back.. & he saw the request for passport which had been posted there since 6 days..

Which means- the talk about decision envelope v/s passport request philosophy is wrong !

That nsgs you receive are standard msgs sent by VFS. These nsgs were coined by somebody at VFS with less English skills. The person who drafted that standard msg at VFS should have done a better job than the language used there- because that language can not be deciphered by all of us by looking at information privided at the canada govt site.

So guys RELAX !

Your applications are being processed . And will be processed as per the que. And do keep on checking at the site for updates.

I will go & submit my passport in 1 ir dats when I have time.

Good luck to Alll !!!

(My application was online & at VFS New Delhi)

Reactions: RR9187