+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa vs Tourist Visa - For Canadian Born baby

joeskc

Feb 5, 2021
Hi,

I and my wife are Canadian PRs and we had our baby in Canada. We are planning to visit India and stay there for around 6 weeks. We are not applying for OCI right now as the processing time goes beyond our travel dates. Having said that, I am very confused about which visa to apply for my kid. I looked into three types - e-Visa, Tourist visa and Entry visa.
1. The e-Visa is no more applicable for Canadian nationals.
2. According to this - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/tourist-visa.php , the stay can only be upto 1 month which is very tight for trip as I will be travelling with a baby to India for the first time. So I need something with longer validity.
3. Entry visa fits the bill and upon checking I saw people falling under this category are eligible for it - "FOR PERSONS OF INDIAN ORIGIN AND SPOUSE AND CHILDREN OF AN INDIAN CITIZEN / PERSON OF INDIAN ORIGIN / OCI CARDHOLDER (OTHER THAN THOSE REGISTERED AS OCI CARDHOLDER)". But the problem is, according to the checklist on BLS website - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/entry-visa.php, the Surrender Certificate is mandatory for Entry Visa but in my case my kid has Canadian citizenship by birth. So I am no sure what to do about this.

Has anyone applied for Entry visa for their kid while the parents are Canadian PRs? Can you please share details?

B.M

Mar 19, 2022
Calgary
Hi,

I and my wife are Canadian PRs and we had our baby in Canada. We are planning to visit India and stay there for around 6 weeks. We are not applying for OCI right now as the processing time goes beyond our travel dates. Having said that, I am very confused about which visa to apply for my kid. I looked into three types - e-Visa, Tourist visa and Entry visa.
2. According to this - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/tourist-visa.php , the stay can only be upto 1 month which is very tight for trip as I will be travelling with a baby to India for the first time. So I need something with longer validity.
3. Entry visa fits the bill and upon checking I saw people falling under this category are eligible for it - "FOR PERSONS OF INDIAN ORIGIN AND SPOUSE AND CHILDREN OF AN INDIAN CITIZEN / PERSON OF INDIAN ORIGIN / OCI CARDHOLDER (OTHER THAN THOSE REGISTERED AS OCI CARDHOLDER)". But the problem is, according to the checklist on BLS website - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/entry-visa.php, the Surrender Certificate is mandatory for Entry Visa but in my case my kid has Canadian citizenship by birth. So I am no sure what to do about this.

Has anyone applied for Entry visa for their kid while the parents are Canadian PRs? Can you please share details?
Hi
Did you apply for entry visa? Did you receive it? If so How long it took? Can you share your experiences? Did you submitted surrender certificate.
Thank you.

joeskc

Feb 5, 2021
Yes.. I did apply for Entry Visa and got a confirmation that for minors, surrender certificate is not applicable. However, I have to highlight two negative experiences:
1. The checklist table did not mention anything about parent's Canadian status and because of that my application was returned stating the copies of PR cards were missing. I called up and told this but all I got was - We will send this feedback to the team!! Due to this, 15 days were wasted and I had pay again for postal drop-off and pickup.
2. The next is about Postal application. Whenever you call up BLS, the first thing they ask you to do is pay for postal pick-up and drop-off. But the way they do it is - they will pump up your charges by $10-$15 dollars by adding bogus items which I noticed too late. In my case, they had added a Passport Cover, what will I do with that? I was only applying for visa!!! Please pay attention to this and check the charges online beforehand. They will try to scare you by saying things like - It is showing $67 right now but your credit card will be charged with $83 .. or.. Sir, the postal label is being generated incorrectly when you pay online. All of it are just scare tactics.

Nevertheless - I paid online, the label was generated online and currently my application is with CGI. *Fingers crossed*

Happy116

Mar 9, 2017
Yes.. I did apply for Entry Visa and got a confirmation that for minors, surrender certificate is not applicable. However, I have to highlight two negative experiences:
1. The checklist table did not mention anything about parent's Canadian status and because of that my application was returned stating the copies of PR cards were missing. I called up and told this but all I got was - We will send this feedback to the team!! Due to this, 15 days were wasted and I had pay again for postal drop-off and pickup.
2. The next is about Postal application. Whenever you call up BLS, the first thing they ask you to do is pay for postal pick-up and drop-off. But the way they do it is - they will pump up your charges by $10-$15 dollars by adding bogus items which I noticed too late. In my case, they had added a Passport Cover, what will I do with that? I was only applying for visa!!! Please pay attention to this and check the charges online beforehand. They will try to scare you by saying things like - It is showing $67 right now but your credit card will be charged with $83 .. or.. Sir, the postal label is being generated incorrectly when you pay online. All of it are just scare tactics.

Nevertheless - I paid online, the label was generated online and currently my application is with CGI. *Fingers crossed*
Hey guys, I am looking to apply for a Visa for my daughter. My wife and I Canadian PRs. We had a few questions:
- With an Entry Visa, how long can my daughter stay in India, at one stretch?
- How long does it take to obtain the travel visa vs entry visa?
- Are there any restrictions on who can apply (i.e. like an emergency) or anyone can apply?

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hey guys, I am looking to apply for a Visa for my daughter. My wife and I Canadian PRs. We had a few questions:
- With an Entry Visa, how long can my daughter stay in India, at one stretch?
Not sure
- How long does it take to obtain the travel visa vs entry visa?
entry visa 1 week in Toronto Jurisdiction (validity 6 months)
- Are there any restrictions on who can apply (i.e. like an emergency) or anyone can apply?
Normal application can be done. No restrictions

Reactions: Happy116

SIMRAN0001

Jul 22, 2014
Hi,

Can you please help ?
where did you find 30 days stay limit for visitor visa? I didn’t find in link.
I have same situation with travel plans for 45 days on tourist visa .
Thanks
Please reply

Snoov

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014

Hi there! When did your visa arrive? Can you share your timeline? Was the pick up drop off option worth it or walk in is better?