+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa to go to India

desiboy

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
I withdraw my application due to bunch of lazy people in BLS. After 22 days they have my passporr sitting in same office where they received.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
@cheire
Hello, I was following this thread. I also applied postal application for tourist visa on October 17, 2022. BLS received my application on October 18, 2022. Status was changed to processing on November 6, 2022. On November 18, 2022, they sent Form A by email. I guess the send this form for the Canadians who work in public service. I have not heard any updates since then. It has almost been nearly 3 months. I have a flight to London booked for Feb 24, 2023. Now the way the processing is going on I am freaking out if I will receive my passport on time.

Called the costumer service several times, but they are all unprofessionals sitting in there. No concise clear explanations. It is super frustrating.
Hey, I had the same experience, it was just like passport was sitting there, I sent them an inquiry through CGI-Toronto website, explaining that i needed my passport to go to US by land, and explained the reason. I asked them if they need any documents then let me know, i have my cancelled indian passport, surrender certificate, they didn’t ask for anything
They replied that i will receive it in a week, it was processed next day and i recieved it next week, there were many holiday due to Christmass
I would advise to do the same, it might help, also mention that you read they said it on website they will priortise applications submitted by paper so it’s been 3 months

immietc

Nov 1, 2020
Hi Guys, I am looking to apply for visa to visit India, anybody applied for e-visa for India? I wonder if anybody knows the process or is aware of forum specific to e-Visa.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks do you know or anybody else know if we must surrender our Indian citizenship before entering India? Do they ask for surrender certificate when we apply for e-visa or after entering India?
Make sure you are not using Indian passport for entry and exit to/from India
Surrender is not required for eVisa application

Last edited:
Reactions: immietc

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi All,

Wanted to understand the difference between eVISA and regular paper visa for India. I know there is significant difference in processing time eVISA takes max of 3 days and regular paper visa takes around 30 days as per the current timelines in BLS-Canada.

Looking at various forums found we need to land in specific Indian airport with eVISA but while filling the online form for regular paper visa it is also asking for port of entry to land, not sure what is the difference then or my understanding is wrong.

Is there anybody who have applied for regular paper visa recently can share their timelines and why you choose paper visa against eVISA.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All,

Wanted to understand the difference between eVISA and regular paper visa for India. I know there is significant difference in processing time eVISA takes max of 3 days and regular paper visa takes around 30 days as per the current timelines in BLS-Canada.

Looking at various forums found we need to land in specific Indian airport with eVISA but while filling the online form for regular paper visa it is also asking for port of entry to land, not sure what is the difference then or my understanding is wrong.

Is there anybody who have applied for regular paper visa recently can share their timelines and why you choose paper visa against eVISA.
Not only its fast but its more lighter on the wallet too ;) and also convenient to apply from your laptop rather have to deal with BLS
Port of arrival question I would say is expected although it is not explicitly stated.. e.g. I mention New Delhi but end flying to Mumbai instead. I do not think this will create any issue tbh, unless you are of certain nationalities i.e. Pakistan etc, then that is very very restricted visa.

Reactions: nrc1978

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Not only its fast but its more lighter on the wallet too ;) and also convenient to apply from your laptop rather have to deal with BLS
Port of arrival question I would say is expected although it is not explicitly stated.. e.g. I mention New Delhi but end flying to Mumbai instead. I do not think this will create any issue tbh, unless you are of certain nationalities i.e. Pakistan etc, then that is very very restricted visa.
Thank you Abbas.

arlaadaa

Aug 22, 2022
Hi all, I became Canadian recently and have surender Ed my Indian pp and got my evisa. My employer is askin for valid work authorization to work from India. Anyone tried other visa type for India to work from there for a Canadian employer?

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hi all, I became Canadian recently and have surender Ed my Indian pp and got my evisa. My employer is askin for valid work authorization to work from India. Anyone tried other visa type for India to work from there for a Canadian employer?

Your question is to work from India for a Canadian employer?