+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa to go to India

LuannaDR

Nov 21, 2022
Walk-in application got passport in 13 days..
Postal application in transit to BLS from consulate..17 days today...hoping to get it dis week...just worried about Purolator,my surrender certificate is stuck because of miscommunication somewhere,it shouldn't happen.did u get yours finally
My husband received his tourist visa today (November 29). It was printed and processed last week and then it was out for dispatch this past Friday (November 25). It was held up with Purolator due to weather, and my husband was able to stop it in Vancouver and pick it up directly from the Purolator outlet during a layover in Vancouver (we live in Saskatoon, SK).

My Tourist Visa said it was ready for pickup on Friday. I spoke with BLS yesterday and they said that it only arrived from Consulate on Monday, November 28. They told me there was a shipping delay, because I had not prepaid Purolator (this is incorrect, as I sent a prepaid Purolator return envelope and have the tracking number). They made me pay for another tracking number, so I did to avoid further delay. Today when I looked online at BLS, the tracking number for Purolator was the first one I had provided (even though they said one day earlier that they had never received a prepaid label from me). They say its out for dispatch, but Purolator shows no updates.

When my husband went directly to purolator today on his layover, the taxi driver did not have very good things to say about BLS. At one point the taxi driver said that he was even surprised that my husband got the correct passport.

I am without my passport and have a family emergency and the woman I talked to tonight at BLS kept reciting rehearsed lines and was unable to help me.

I am at the end of my rope.

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Tourist Visa Timeline :

I have applied for tourist visa and also surrender certificate application at BLS Brampton on 17th November, 2022 via purolator and here is my timeline :

17 Nov 2022 - Application was sent to BLS.
24 Nov 2022 - Got the email that the agent have received the application.
25 Nov 2022 - Sent to consulate from BLS.
28 Nov 2022 - It was showing under processing at Consulate.
29 Nov 2022 - Visa granted and printed message in morning and today in the evenings, the message is sent to BLS Brampton from Consulate Generel.

Surrender Certificate is still showing as under processing in Consulate General.

Will keep u updated once i would receive the passport.
Where did you track the status of the Visa at the Indian Consulate ( other than the BLS status)

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Postal for Tourist Visa
Nov 21st: Sent to BLS Brampton via Purolator
Nov 24th: BLS acknowledgement
Nov 28th: Email from Consulate with "Visa application is accepted, it is in progress. Passport is with agent."

Last edited:

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
My husband received his tourist visa today (November 29). It was printed and processed last week and then it was out for dispatch this past Friday (November 25). It was held up with Purolator due to weather, and my husband was able to stop it in Vancouver and pick it up directly from the Purolator outlet during a layover in Vancouver (we live in Saskatoon, SK).

My Tourist Visa said it was ready for pickup on Friday. I spoke with BLS yesterday and they said that it only arrived from Consulate on Monday, November 28. They told me there was a shipping delay, because I had not prepaid Purolator (this is incorrect, as I sent a prepaid Purolator return envelope and have the tracking number). They made me pay for another tracking number, so I did to avoid further delay. Today when I looked online at BLS, the tracking number for Purolator was the first one I had provided (even though they said one day earlier that they had never received a prepaid label from me). They say its out for dispatch, but Purolator shows no updates.

When my husband went directly to purolator today on his layover, the taxi driver did not have very good things to say about BLS. At one point the taxi driver said that he was even surprised that my husband got the correct passport.

I am without my passport and have a family emergency and the woman I talked to tonight at BLS kept reciting rehearsed lines and was unable to help me.

I am at the end of my rope.
Hope u get it soon..my Postal has been shipped from BLS,waiting for an update on the Purolator.. I may get it by tomorrow or day after tomorrow..

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
It’s a tourist visa.
Did you get your passport? Can you please let me know if it was a stamped Visa or a printout? If they are giving a printout, they could have expedited the process altogether.
For Postal applications, BLS is taking approx. 7 days to send the Application to the Consulate. Another 5 days from the time Visa is granted till they dispatch.

Sam4990

Nov 29, 2022
Did you get your passport? Can you please let me know if it was a stamped Visa or a printout? If they are giving a printout, they could have expedited the process altogether.
For Postal applications, BLS is taking approx. 7 days to send the Application to the Consulate. Another 5 days from the time Visa is granted till they dispatch.
Hi, I just went to BLS to pickup the passport today as I got the message that it is ready for collection.

Reactions: Leo0806

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
I have sent the Tourist Visa Application to BLS.
Delivered - dec 28
Updated received - Dec 29
Nothing after that... Waiting for an update (dispatched to Consulate)

soumib

Dec 2, 2022
Hello,
Its been so frustrating dealing with this. I originally had tickets to India booked on the 6th of December. I applied for my Visa via postal to BLS surrey on the 27th October, it reached the office on 31st October. after that it was a whirlwind of calls and emails to get them to open my file. they finally opened my file on the 18th of November. Ever since that its been 'Processing at the consulate'. Does anyone else have a similar situation where it has been at the consulate for over 2 weeks? I am looking to postpone my tickets now but have know idea how long i should postpone it for.

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hello,
Its been so frustrating dealing with this. I originally had tickets to India booked on the 6th of December. I applied for my Visa via postal to BLS surrey on the 27th October, it reached the office on 31st October. after that it was a whirlwind of calls and emails to get them to open my file. they finally opened my file on the 18th of November. Ever since that its been 'Processing at the consulate'. Does anyone else have a similar situation where it has been at the consulate for over 2 weeks? I am looking to postpone my tickets now but have know idea how long i should postpone it for.
Did you check with the indian website...it's usually takes 5-7 days to print and 2 days to send to BLS..and 5-10 days to your home....
I sent 14th
Reached agent 15th
App generated 16th
To the consulate 22
Granted 25th
Printed 26th
To BLS 28th
Reached 28th
Purolator picked 30th
Misroute in Purolator sent them a priority request to pick up
Picked up today evnn dec 2nd
Check the indian website for the exact status..mostly it's 10 days in consulate
If it reached BLS..go and pick it up from them..instead of waiting for Purolator .my travel s on Dec 7th

Reactions: Leo0806

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Did you check with the indian website...it's usually takes 5-7 days to print and 2 days to send to BLS..and 5-10 days to your home....
I sent 14th
Reached agent 15th
App generated 16th
To the consulate 22
Granted 25th
Printed 26th
To BLS 28th
Reached 28th
Purolator picked 30th
Misroute in Purolator sent them a priority request to pick up
Picked up today evnn dec 2nd
Check the indian website for the exact status..mostly it's 10 days in consulate
If it reached BLS..go and pick it up from them..instead of waiting for Purolator .my travel s on Dec 7th
Also for tourist visa it’s asking for surrender certificate? How can i send tourist visa application without surrender certificate? I just sent my application for surrender certificate to bls and what proof can I attach?

matharo

Jan 1, 2022
Anyone looking for appointment at BLS Brampton slots are open today till December end for Visa. I just booked.
Thanks for the information. When I checked I saw an opening at BLS Toronto. I followed the process and it looked I got an appointment booked, but I did not receive any confirmation email. I'm not sure how to confirm my appointment now.

I am out of the loop with the current process. Is it appointment only or can you walk-in? For walk-in, what is a realistic time to go in the morning? Is it Brampton only or Toronto as well?

How much is the courier service vs. in-person? I called the BLS office but the CSR was not giving a clear answer. It's like he was trying to sell me on the courier option.

Thanks.