+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa to go to India

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
We applied for tourist visas. We are not federal government employees. My husband's status says that it is processed and printed on the indiavisa website, but both of ours indicate that they are still processing at the Consulate. It is making travel impossible to plan. We are in limbo with work as well. Very frustrating.
for my family members it took 16 days
16 days from nov 14 is nov 30
i hope you get it by then
2-3 weeks is reasonable
for me i am worried cause everybody is getting it in 2-3 weeks and for mine it's been more than that
if timeframe is 1 month, 2 months for everybody, i would't be worried

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
We applied for tourist visas. We are not federal government employees. My husband's status says that it is processed and printed on the indiavisa website, but both of ours indicate that they are still processing at the Consulate. It is making travel impossible to plan. We are in limbo with work as well. Very frustrating.
It took 4 days to change status on BLS..
17th Nov : processed n printed
21 st Nov: in transit from consulate to BLS
22nd t Nov :Ready to dispatch
23rd : reached.
It's walk-in application

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
for my family members it took 16 days
16 days from nov 14 is nov 30
i hope you get it by then
2-3 weeks is reasonable
for me i am worried cause everybody is getting it in 2-3 weeks and for mine it's been more than that
if timeframe is 1 month, 2 months for everybody, i would't be worried
Could u share the timeline of your family members...

LuannaDR

Nov 21, 2022
No updates for my husband whose application went from "processing at consulate", straight to "ready for collection". The only issue is that we applied by postal, so I am not sure why they are expecting us to collect it?

Mine is still processing at consulate.

Reactions: Sindhu1601

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
No updates for my husband whose application went from "processing at consulate", straight to "ready for collection". The only issue is that we applied by postal, so I am not sure why they are expecting us to collect it?

What was your timeline for postal application

Murich

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Hello. I've applied for a tourist visa and here is my timeline:

1) Oct 15 - application sent to BLS Surrey.
2) Between Oct 15 to Nov 14 calls to BLS every day, since the records on the website were not founded. Many tickets, but nothing helped.
3) On Nov 14 complained to the consulate about what is going on.
4) Nov 15 - finally changed to "proceeding".
And still showing the same.
I have so a bad experience with all of that... I still haven't understood, why my application with the passport was 1 month with BLS, and before contacting the consulate they haven't even opened my file...

Hopefully will get my visa soon.

Murich

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019

I am waiting for more than one month, applied on Oct 15, and also postal.
Still nothing! :(

ad2022

Nov 8, 2022
Application received at BLS on Nov 02, returned back today in post due to an error on the application form. I've been asked to submit a new application, any suggestions how should I deal with this situation. My flight tickets are already booked for December and there are no appointments available for next 4 months at Surrey/Vancouver locations. :-(

Murich

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Application received at BLS on Nov 02, returned back today in post due to an error on the application form. I've been asked to submit a new application, any suggestions how should I deal with this situation. My flight tickets are already booked for December and there are no appointments available for next 4 months at Surrey/Vancouver locations. :-(
Use postal services.

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Check whether any centres are accepting walk in ,and go very early.walkins move pretty faster..got my visa within 14 days..whereas postal ,it's been 13 days and it's still under processing...if it's not possible,postal service is the better option,but check for mistakes

Reactions: ad2022

ad2022

Nov 8, 2022
Check whether any centres are accepting walk in ,and go very early.walkins move pretty faster..got my visa within 14 days..whereas postal ,it's been 13 days and it's still under processing...if it's not possible,postal service is the better option,but check for mistakes
Thank you I followed your advice and they accepted since it was a returned application. Hoping for faster processing now fingers crossed.

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Thank you I followed your advice and they accepted since it was a returned application. Hoping for faster processing now fingers crossed.
If it's a walk-in max 15 days normally
Postal 3 weeks because of the transit from Purolator to BLS+ the extra charges...
Walk in they correct your mistakes if any,
Postal if mistakes returned back,so loss of days

Reactions: ad2022

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
any update guys?
Walk-in application got passport in 13 days..
Postal application in transit to BLS from consulate..17 days today...hoping to get it dis week...just worried about Purolator,my surrender certificate is stuck because of miscommunication somewhere,it shouldn't happen.did u get yours finally

Sam4990

Nov 29, 2022
Tourist Visa Timeline :

I have applied for tourist visa and also surrender certificate application at BLS Brampton on 17th November, 2022 via purolator and here is my timeline :

17 Nov 2022 - Application was sent to BLS.
24 Nov 2022 - Got the email that the agent have received the application.
25 Nov 2022 - Sent to consulate from BLS.
28 Nov 2022 - It was showing under processing at Consulate.
29 Nov 2022 - Visa granted and printed message in morning and today in the evenings, the message is sent to BLS Brampton from Consulate Generel.

Surrender Certificate is still showing as under processing in Consulate General.

Will keep u updated once i would receive the passport.

Reactions: Leo0806