+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa to go to India

LuannaDR

Nov 21, 2022
Does anyone have contact number for BLS Surrey that works, I sent postal application on Nov 02 and BLS tracking still says no records found. Tickets booked for travel in 2 weeks, not sure if they will send it in time.
I use 778-508-7411 and keep calling until it connects. I usually get a bunch of error messages that the number is out of service, but it does eventually work. Sometimes it takes 6 tries. Sometimes it takes 32 tries. From there, I usually select option 1 then option 4, otherwise I get "your call will now be disconnected". Sometimes you get a helpful agent (1 out of 8 times). The rest of the time, the agents simply answer with a scripted response that is often not relevant to the question being asked. I am sorry for your stress. I've spent so much time, money and energy dealing with this in an effort to get to part of our friends' wedding. Now, I am over it. I just want my passport back, visa or not.

Reactions: ad2022 and Leo0806

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
I use 778-508-7411 and keep calling until it connects. I usually get a bunch of error messages that the number is out of service, but it does eventually work. Sometimes it takes 6 tries. Sometimes it takes 32 tries. From there, I usually select option 1 then option 4, otherwise I get "your call will now be disconnected". Sometimes you get a helpful agent (1 out of 8 times). The rest of the time, the agents simply answer with a scripted response that is often not relevant to the question being asked. I am sorry for your stress. I've spent so much time, money and energy dealing with this in an effort to get to part of our friends' wedding. Now, I am over it. I just want my passport back, visa or not.
i think when you withdraw application, you should get your passport back

Reactions: ad2022

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
We are Canadians and wanted a tourist visa simply to attend our best friends' wedding in Delhi. Our status has not changed online, and so now we can't even go away at all. I was still hoping to see India and the bride and groom post wedding (worst case scenario). To have to give up our passports is an incredible concern, especially given the description of how things are dealt with at BLS. Surely there are some privacy concerns with the way personal information is being handled at BLS. I am sure that, if there was an option to pay more for expedited service, people who needed to avail to it would. Perhaps that would allow the hiring of more staff. That all said, it is too late for us, and the whole experience has left us completely dismayed and reluctant to visit India ever - a shame, because it is not the country or its peoples' fault. It is a bureaucratic nightmare, but it certainly does not foster good feelings and relations. Shameful.
Have not given a thought to the privacy aspect - but the fact that the Passport is away for 4 weeks in the consulate of another country is worrying.
But I have no option.
All of this could have been avoided if India restores the eVisa / Visa on Arrival that was introduced in 2013 to Canadians and Britishers.
Absolutely no reason why they are making us go through this :-(

Last edited:

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
I was told by BLS that I have no option to withdraw right now, as it is with the Consulate...so, I am in limbo.
when did you apply?
You can send an inquiry to consulate if you want to withdraw , they reply in 1 day, their reply doesn't always help

LuannaDR

Nov 21, 2022
Update on Timing.

-Nov 14 - Our applications arrived at the Consulate (finally) on Nov 14.
-Nov 23 - Husband's visa says "printed and processed" on the indiavisaonline website, but not on BLS. My application is still under processing on both websites.

Called BLS to see if we can pick up passports tomorrow, so as to not wait until Monday or later (based on my understanding on Purolator delays). Been on hold for 48 minutes and counting

Reactions: Leo0806

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Update on Timing.

-Nov 23 - Husband's visa says "printed and processed" on the indiavisaonline website, but not on BLS. My application is still under processing on both websites.

Called BLS to see if we can pick up passports tomorrow, so as to not wait until Monday or later (based on my understanding on Purolator delays). Been on hold for 48 minutes and counting
My family members applied on 22OCt recieved their on Nov 8,9, i think, 3of them, other 4 applied on 31st Oct recieved passport on 16.
So yours seem fine, based on their timelines. Your status might change till friday, unless same thing happens to you like me.

I applied on OCt 22nd, still same, under processing

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
W
Update on Timing.

was it entry visa or tourist?

Nov 23, 2022
My family members applied on 22OCt recieved their on Nov 8,9, i think, 3of them, other 4 applied on 31st Oct recieved passport on 16.
So yours seem fine, based on their timelines. Your status might change till friday, unless same thing happens to you like me.

Do you work for the government? May be that can delay the processing. I have heard people who are employed in Canadian public service are experiencing delays.

LuannaDR

Nov 21, 2022

We applied for tourist visas. We are not federal government employees. My husband's status says that it is processed and printed on the indiavisa website, but both of ours indicate that they are still processing at the Consulate. It is making travel impossible to plan. We are in limbo with work as well. Very frustrating.