+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa to go to India

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
This is actually detrimental to India.
No real tourists from Canada will apply if they are told that their passport will be with the Indian consulate for 4 weeks.
And an unnecessary load on the Consulate staff as well.
And how much of additional money are they getting because of this physical application? Might be peanuts :)

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014
Finally passport is going back to bls from consulate .Processing starts at consulate on 14 November

Reactions: Leo0806

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014

Pvraju

Nov 11, 2013
Raju garu,
Who cares what the status is, when you have your visa stamped and you go the passport back :)
The process took lesser time for you than more others. I applied for Tourist Visa by Post yesterday i..e Nov 21st.
OCI is in Progress.
I have my travel on Dec 20th. I hope I get the Passport with Visa by then.
Thanks andi :) , hope you get yours soon.

I also applied for OCI on 28th October. Acknowledgement on 1st November. Today's status is processed. Travelling on Dec 16th

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Any idea, where and who i can contact, it's been a month since i have submitted my Visa application and is showing under process since then
Thank you
Did you get your tourist Visa.
Normally BLS is sending the applications to the Consulate approx. 7-10 days after they receive the application.

LuannaDR

Nov 21, 2022
This is actually detrimental to India.
No real tourists from Canada will apply if they are told that their passport will be with the Indian consulate for 4 weeks.
And an unnecessary load on the Consulate staff as well.
And how much of additional money are they getting because of this physical application? Might be peanuts :)
We are Canadians and wanted a tourist visa simply to attend our best friends' wedding in Delhi. Our status has not changed online, and so now we can't even go away at all. I was still hoping to see India and the bride and groom post wedding (worst case scenario). To have to give up our passports is an incredible concern, especially given the description of how things are dealt with at BLS. Surely there are some privacy concerns with the way personal information is being handled at BLS. I am sure that, if there was an option to pay more for expedited service, people who needed to avail to it would. Perhaps that would allow the hiring of more staff. That all said, it is too late for us, and the whole experience has left us completely dismayed and reluctant to visit India ever - a shame, because it is not the country or its peoples' fault. It is a bureaucratic nightmare, but it certainly does not foster good feelings and relations. Shameful.

ad2022

Nov 8, 2022
Does anyone have contact number for BLS Surrey that works, I sent postal application on Nov 02 and BLS tracking still says no records found. Tickets booked for travel in 2 weeks, not sure if they will send it in time.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
I sent an online inquiry to consulate, and they replied 'check your status online'
status is the same
Even though i wrote in my inquiry that i have checked my status online and on BLS website
They did not provided any information at all

ad2022

Nov 8, 2022
Typical BLS response
I sent an online inquiry to consulate, and they replied 'check your status online'
status is the same
Even though i wrote in my inquiry that i have checked my status online and on BLS website
They did not provided any information at all
[/QUOTE